View Full Version : Cobra Seats - Subframes

Photoshoot
22-01-2009, 00:54
Anyone got Cobras? I'm looking to get them for the 2 but wanted some advise regarding the subframes? RU using universal ones? Where's the best place to get them from?

Thanks

Murf
22-01-2009, 10:42
Ive got a set. I made my of subframes from flat steel bar bolted through the stock seat runners. Wasnt too bad a job and they fit nicely :)
What cobra's are you getting?

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/04/14.jpg

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/04/12.jpg

MRV6
22-01-2009, 10:49
Same as Murf I'm making some custom mounts bolted to the seat and welded to the mr2 runners.

nik
22-01-2009, 14:32
yep as murf said..

Photoshoot
22-01-2009, 16:37
I'm hoping to get the Cobra Monaco Pro... Not bad for £125.

So did u buy the universal subframes and modify them? Or just modified the original runners?

nik
22-01-2009, 17:04
original runners is the way to go..

Jiff Lemon
22-01-2009, 17:16
Height is the problem - You've a cross member at the front and some wierd longitudinal member to contend with;

http://www.zen38410.zen.co.uk/MR2/Swap/Diet/Start.JPG

Murf
22-01-2009, 21:53
Get basemount seats, not sidemounts and bolt/weld the seats the original runners.
I'll take better pics when i get a chance.
They are comfy seats but pretty stiff on long journeys, do you have any back problems?

Photoshoot
23-01-2009, 16:38
No I don't av any back probs.

Which seats would u recommend (around that price range?) smaller the better for me as I'm not the biggest person in the world.

Fanx Murf.

Murf
25-01-2009, 11:02
No I don't av any back probs.

Not yet anyway :)

Ive got monaco s, as you can see and they are great seats, very supportive and very light. Comfiest seats ive tried are the recaro's in my GT4, they are just amazing but prob pretty heavy.
Pop into halfords (i know, grit your teeth!) and have a seat in their demo seats, the bigger branches usually have cobra seats that you can try out and make sure your comfy in first.

David Sleith
25-01-2009, 19:51
The drivers seat mount at the rear nearest the door was chopped to try and fit a scooby seat but it didn't fit very well so the set from my scrap Mk1 were transfered over. The mount had to be refabricated and if I remember it wasn't the best bracket or weld in the world.

The rear furthest away bolt snapped when the original leather seats were taken out so I think i just ground the captive nut underneath off and bolted the seat down with nyloc nuts and heafty bolts.

They were a bitch to bolt back down by myself as my arms couldn't reach both spanners at the same time so would imagine they will be a bitch to come back off unless you have a second pair of hands.

As far as the ST205 brakes were concerned, I wasn't impressed but as I has only driven the car for about 50 miles before I sold it I didn't have a chance to have a look and see if there were any issues. Thought maybe they hadn't bedded in properly at that time. I didn't tap the holes. I used thread locked nuts and bolts with a slight edge trimmed off the bolt head to clear the disc. Don't like the threaded hole idea as I didn't have the taps and prefered something that could be changed if it got damaged or easily put back to orginal. There is a MK2 master clyinder on there too.