View Full Version : 3rd place at nats

quantumtools
18-01-2009, 20:06
Hi all,

hope you had a wonderful holidays

I have installed the new alloy radiator and 600 x 300 x 75 intercooler into the car.

The rad now sits in the spare tyre well on an angle past the now removed radiator support and very front bulkhead/firewall where the radiator normally sits, we now get huge amounts of airflow and the car comes in after a 10 lap race of 4-6 mins at full noise in 2nd gear at 100 - 110 deg c --- wihoo the lowest the car has ever run before.

The new intercooler sits in the rear window of the rollcage downtube from the hoop to the rear strut tops of the car, again after a race the inlet is nearly to hot to touch but the outlet is still cold, we still have a small amount of fabrication to do to force more air throught the intercooler instead of around it but it rocks car is now runs 12-14 psi of boost.

We also went racing at meremere dirt track our home track and thought we will see how the car goes and do some testing and tuning of suspension, tyre pressures and boost. I think we have nearly nailed the setup as we made division 1, you can only win the weekend if if you get into here, the placed 3 rd overall, beating of the 600hp v8 super saloon, some other very fast space framed v8's, sixes, turboed rotors and soem very quick 4 cylinder cars.

Thanks to all you guys here at the forums we now have a very quick mk1.5.
If the forum wasnt here and would never have made the car.

TWOBRUTAL NOW HAS ITS FIRST OFFICAL 3NZ FROM MEREMERE DIRT TRACK CLUB. - I'LL KEEP THE TROPHY THO.

I now get to run the number 3 on my car at next years nats

nik
18-01-2009, 20:10
sounds like you had a great event..:thumbsup:

excellent result..
TB is very proud..brings a tear to my japs eye..!

Bev
19-01-2009, 14:36
Good to see there are some 1.5's down this way! Where bouts in NZ are ya?

aw11man
20-01-2009, 05:28
heaps of 1.5's in NZ! :rofl:

Driftin_AW
20-01-2009, 08:22
yep :) When I did mine it was only the second I knew of, now there's (been) at least 5 + at least 1 3sge powered (dead now).

Jiff Lemon
20-01-2009, 08:25
Fantastic result! What's the scoop on the engine lid for?

quantumtools
21-01-2009, 00:54
Thanks guys,

Im in Auckland we race at meremere dirt track every couple of weeks until about May, next race is the first of Feb, $8 entry and five bucks to have a ride, all proceeds to the club to pay for ambulance etc

The scoop is for the pod filter just to try and get some more cool air in, gotta help a little.

quantumtools
21-01-2009, 00:58
There are some vids on youtube search for meremere dirt to check out the racing, im in the 4 cylinder class races and division one races