PDA

View Full Version : XS manifold too close for comfort......

Mr2some
30-12-2008, 22:38
Has anyone else had the problem of the turbo inlet being too close for comfort to one of the bends in the XS manifold pipes ?
Or is it my manifold or turbo inlet thats the problem ? (i'll get a pic as soon as i'm next at garage)
I did notice that the CT26 has a large circlip to join the ally inlet part to the cast iron turbo part, could it be rotated somewhat to create some clearance from my manifold as its starting to melt the silcone hose on the inlet .

You can just make it out here .................................................. ..........................V
I will get a better pic soon of the problem.

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2008/12/227.jpg

Mr2some
30-12-2008, 23:03
Having said this..............this looks a bit close too :eek2: (the pipe over the manifold)
Surely this poses a problem ?

not my car BTW !

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/10/37.jpg

GaryA
31-12-2008, 09:53
You could turn the compressor housing but the waste gate bolts to it so you would put all that out of adjustment, also there is a roll pin that locates the housing , how about some heat wrap or make up some heat shielding of some kind ?

Mr2some
31-12-2008, 16:38
Thanks for the advice, there is already a small amount of heat wrap around the manifold pipe nearby and a heat sheild had been fabricated for the manifold as a whole but i took the heat shield off as it was just rattling around, i suppose it could have been burning the pipe and then they put the wrap and heat shield on , i'll just have to keep a fire extinguisher handy and keep an eye on it !
Could the wastegate not be adjusted via the rod to compensate for the rotation and the roll pin removed ? :idea:

Mr2some
31-12-2008, 16:59
:thk: :thk: :thk: There is a silicone 'sleave' (the red one in pic) that has been put over the compressor housing hose maybe in a bid to stop the heat melting the actual 'black' main hose. I think what i'll do is remove the sleave and wrap some heat wrap around the black main hose and then wrap a heat shield around this, a RedBull can wrapped around it may look cool ! :nuts: :ghey: :hidesbehi