PDA

View Full Version : 3VZ-FE Manifolds

Howlin_Mad
10-10-2008, 20:25
Hi all,

Am i right in thinking the front bank exhaust manifold is better for flow than the rear? I'm sure Jim Green explained the flow when i was noseying over his car in the last stages of his build and i think he has 2 front banks on his?

And if i'm correct - can the rear bank manifold be swapped for a front with the engine in situ from the bottom?

And lastly - does anyone have one if so lol

Kieren

sketchy
10-10-2008, 20:38
yes they flow better...
you should be able to do it in place...
I have several spare...not sure if postage is low enough to make it economic

Howlin_Mad
10-10-2008, 20:57
Thanks Sketchy! May have a possible spare in the UK thanks to a PM.

Cheers fella!

Kieren

Howlin_Mad
10-10-2008, 23:37
Cheers Tony!

Much appreciated for the info fella :thumbsup:

Kieren

3VZ-FE
11-10-2008, 03:51
Won't that be a problem with the driveshaft?

jimgreen
11-10-2008, 19:45
It was the main reason why PD Gough hated me when they built my midsection, the bend needed is pretty tight.

I reckon we should take my exhaust in for them to copy mate. I reckon the turbo drive shaft holder might hamper progress :(

Howlin_Mad
12-10-2008, 10:23
It was the main reason why PD Gough hated me when they built my midsection, the bend needed is pretty tight.

I reckon we should take my exhaust in for them to copy mate. I reckon the turbo drive shaft holder might hamper progress :(

That would be a big help bud :thumbsup:

I'm going to get them to chop up the Japspeed exhaust just above the y piece collector and run 2.5" tubing from there on - should be better for back pressure and help get rid of some of the nasty cabin noise!!

Might give them a bit more room to play around with the tubing as well with these turbo driveshafts.

Kieren

jimgreen
12-10-2008, 12:59
Just take it for them to look at, they might say no after doing mine :)

TbarTurbo
12-10-2008, 13:34
howling, Ive still got the camry dpipe y section if you need that to cut up after fitting the other manifold?

Poohbear
19-10-2008, 11:07
Has anyone in the UK successfully managed to get a set of tubular manifolds manufactured for the 3VZ-FE and if so where from and how much did they cost??

Bob

OlberJ
19-10-2008, 15:13
Aye they were expensive. Fricken look good though.

Chriss now has them and i think Matt @ AFR is fitting them with the AEM the now.

Poohbear
19-10-2008, 17:53
Oh well, looks like I'm going to have to do the same as Johnny and have a set made...something I can buy the car for xmas :)

Bob