PDA

View Full Version : TbarTurbo's Tintop V6 Turbo :D (take 6) !!

TbarTurbo
24-09-2008, 16:52
Here we go again! :D
Opened up my 1MZ engine today, and what i found has given me the motivation to start yet another swap thread!

Mk1 Mica Tintop Supercharger G LTD --> 1MZ Turbo :)

Head gaskets were a bit mashed but no sign of blowing on either head. All mating faces appear to be straight and in good condition! So now i have a seemingly better engine from the start, the project is back on!

This time ill be doing things differently, ill be hounding Paul Woods everyday for info and advice, and praying he doesnt get fed up with me :D . Hopefully there will be a 1MZ engine mount jig in operation for when i need it, but for now ll concentrate on the engine build.

The car has AirCon, so the pump will be kept this time.

As the engine (top end at least) appears healthy, ill not be having the heads flowed untill later. I also plan to make log exhaust manifolds to solve some of the clearance issues reported on this conversion, and of course to allow for a turbo :) . Ill only be running low pressure, 5/6psi.

So tomorow ill be out and looking for signs of wear on the bottom end, and uploading some piccys from today :)

There are a few things i noted and wanted to ask... The cam pulleys, one appears to be on backwards, ie the lip is not on the outside on both pulleys, is this normal?
Intermediate bearing housing is off, but how the hell do you get the shaft out of it?!
How do i go about checking the bottom end, ive never stripped a block and inspected it myself...

Cheers.

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2008/09/136.jpg
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2008/09/137.jpg
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2008/09/138.jpg

Limeymk1
24-09-2008, 16:58
Wehey another MZ Mk1, you'll probably be finished before me. Look forward to watching the progress.

There's an MZ Jig and engine mount adaptor available. :thumbsup:

Are you using a tubby box?

TbarTurbo
24-09-2008, 17:10
Wehey another MZ Mk1, you'll probably be finished before me. Look forward to watching the progress.

There's an MZ Jig and engine mount adaptor available. :thumbsup:

Are you using a tubby box?
Using the NA box, unless you 1mz owners tell me a good reason not to, ill hopefully lengthen 5th gear later too.
If you have counted my unfinished conversions youll retract that about being finished first lol. Which MZ jig is this then, the only one i know of is Pauls and as far as im aware its in use right now, but Paul did mention when he gets time hell make a loan jig up :) Ill be looking through your thread too to help me along :)

Limeymk1
24-09-2008, 17:30
The Jig was the one paul has, he was kind enough to send it my way. :thumbsup:

Only reason I chose the tubby box was for the supported shaft and LSD but it's since been discovered you can use the celica n/a supported shaft and find LSDs for n/a boxes.

TbarTurbo
24-09-2008, 19:45
I wasnt planning on running a supported shaft, but obviously ill look into that if it causes problems... :)

TbarTurbo
25-09-2008, 20:36
some piccys added! :)

TbarTurbo
26-09-2008, 11:23
Well engines fully stripped down now, and there was only the one main with wear on it, local machinist said thats it looks normal, standard wear n tear.

So now ill clean it all up untill i can find money for parts :)

TbarTurbo
27-09-2008, 17:48
Well Limeymk1, (didnt catch your name), was good to see you and the car today :) Ill have to look over your project thread again, defo a lot of good work gone into that one, even in the half finished state!

Certainly put an end to my confusion over mounting issues, and now ive figured out how to mount my engine im sure ill make good progress in the coming months :)

Would be interesting to see what that engine was from too, and the purpose of the dual throttle body. Will pm nearer the time to arrange another visit ;)