View Full Version : Chargecooler Question!

Tom G
12-08-2008, 10:00
I'm about to plumb in my chargecooler, the pump's in the engine bay and will take warm water from the CC and squirt it over to the pre-rad.

My question is: Should water enter at the top or bottom of the rad? I can think of pros and cons, but there must be a standard way of doing it...

nik
12-08-2008, 10:17
i would guess in at the bottom..ooer

Gary Symons
12-08-2008, 10:30
And I would have thought the top lol

edit: my thinking is that the cooler water will be at the bottom of the rad as heat rises, so makes sence to send the cooler water back to the chargecooler.

nik
12-08-2008, 10:33
actually i agree..the top..that way only the coolest water is removed to be recirc..

Tom G
12-08-2008, 11:18
That makes sense! :) I'll do that unless someone puts forward a good reason not to!

2hardtop
12-08-2008, 12:37
Your better off to put the pump after the exchanger(pre-rad) pumping into the IC
(so the pump has cooler water going through it)

Upward or downward flow won't matter (not nearly enough to be worth worrying about anyway)

I'd probably have the water enter from the bottom
that would help with pushing the air out easier when bleeding the system.

Tom G
12-08-2008, 13:12
hmm, I was thinking about pushing air out, but I've fitted a bleed tube to the top of the rad anyway, so shouldn't be a prob.

Pump deffo will stay as is, so the chance of it running dry is minimised if air gets in the system. I remember someone having probs with this before. It's effectively gravity-fed from the IC.

TbarTurbo
12-08-2008, 22:23
Pump to pump water into the water/air exchnger, hot water in the top of rad :)