PDA

View Full Version : Whats playing on your stereo

phd68
20-06-2008, 17:47
Right fellow T.B-ers, thought i'd start a thread to try and gauge the sort of characters i'm mixing with here lol

Been about 3 months and 2500 miles since i've done the swap and havn't missed listening to music in the car - just the sweet sweet sound of the v6!!:thumbsup:

However variety is the spice of life, so music is another favourite pastime of mine.

I've just got a bog standard set-up in my car and am considering upgrading it in the future for the daily commute. I dont have much of a clue about whats good and bad in the 'ICE' world so would appreciate some advice. What fits well in the Mk2 without too much hacking and bashing?

I need a reasonably priced system that will play my preferred music to perfection - epic viking metal - usually of a scandinavian brand. Current favourites at the mo are (in no order) Battlelore, Bathory, Windir, Ensiferum, wintersun etc

Therefore I dont think I need a system thats set up for the boom boom brigade that you get driving around town centres!!

So whats your set up and what sort of music are you playing?

P.S any replies with 'Will Young' :eek2: 'Peter Aundrea' :eek2: in the text will result in my immediate withdrawel of T.B membership!! ;)

OlberJ
20-06-2008, 17:54
If you're into rock music you're best replicating a marshall half stack.

4 15" speakers in the car, say 100W a piece and you'll get all the clarity and volume u need without the bassy shite.

Saying that i do listen to techno and a nice punchy, crisp bass is wonderfull sometimes. Here's an example : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9y9Snt1g5E

This'll sound shit hot on the same system my Led Zepplin will.

Gonna make an effort on the speakers with the SIllycar as i can now get my ipod in it :thumbsup:

TheGasMan
20-06-2008, 17:57
Nothing at all on my MR2's stereo... the sound quality is actually heart breaking.. will be some Bruce Springsteen & Tracy Chapman on it though when I get round to getting a new sound system lol

snowtigger
20-06-2008, 19:24
well i have an in car dvd mp3 tv screen job i am putting in to the 2 hooked up to a 1 terrabyte hard drive, as i have a friend who is a dj and i like me old school led zepplin rammstein acdc as well as some bach bethoven mozart or if the mood takes me some thing new and popy like coldplay u2 at the mo am listening to robyn and nickelback and pod.

yes i know its eclectic but hey if we were all the same wot a boring world it would be?.

favourite dvd on it at the mo is 2fast 2furious tokyo drift like me ringtone sad arent i.

wardie
20-06-2008, 22:41
Golden earring - Radar love - on a loop... enough said!

phd68
21-06-2008, 10:52
[QUOTE=OlberJ]

4 15" speakers in the car, say 100W a piece and you'll get all the clarity and volume u need without the bassy shite.

4 15" speakers? :eek2: where am I supposed to fit them?

That was one weird piece of music(?) there Olie. I take it PW is deaf whilst in the workshop then?lol

frisp
21-06-2008, 12:13
Nothing on mine at the mo. Car's parked up at Woodsport :D

OlberJ
21-06-2008, 14:54
[QUOTE=OlberJ]

4 15" speakers? :eek2: where am I supposed to fit them?

Whoops, i meant 15cm. :doh:

That was one weird piece of music(?) there Olie. I take it PW is deaf whilst in the workshop then?lol

Nah, we get Metro radio in work, which is actually not that bad.

Wierd piece of music? That's top quality electro i'll have u know. lol

firstmk1
21-06-2008, 15:09
Ditch the radio and listen to the voices in your head. Works for me. :cadet:

Jyppe
21-06-2008, 15:15
Finnish industrial metal band Turmion Katilot...

You can download their new album U.S.C.H. here (http://www.raharecords.com/usch.php) for free and its also legal. :)

sketchy
22-06-2008, 02:24
I listen to all sorts...bit of drum and bass...old school gunners...stones...garbage...house sometimes...breaks...dub...deep purple...van halen....

I got 4 tens(pioneer single voice coils)...and some digital designs front components...in the turbo...
the red N/A is waiting for a half cage and V6....before I look at audio...

2hardtop
22-06-2008, 05:32
Had this stuck in my head for the last week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElY5Gr845Fw

biteme
22-06-2008, 12:00
I play the soundtracks of QI a lot for longer journeys in the Beemer, in the Supra or the '2 it's a mixture of Dance/Pop/Indie - I just set the iPod on random baby!

MRV6
22-06-2008, 13:28
The Pixies, Placebo, The Dead Kennedys and The Cure in the beemer and The Icicle Works, Sisters of Mercy, Tha Dandy Warhols, Muse and REM in the deuce. Oh aye and that Max Bygraves cd I borrowed of Paul.

mart1975
22-06-2008, 17:44
nathan abshire + the rambling aces :whistle:

pistol pete
22-06-2008, 18:23
i have lots in mine

12 inch sub 6x6's adn rear kenwood speakers
and fronts,, all amped
with flip out dvd player with pod connection most of time playing
linkin park, disturbed, metallica etc etc

Muffleman
22-06-2008, 18:39
Er, Avenged Sevenfold at the moment :)

splintermcinnes
22-06-2008, 19:35
normally i listen to radio 1, i have a rather varied taste in music. but just before i came out here to italy my stero packed in!! so i now can listen to anything!:-

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2008/06/179.jpg

my new one is a sony with connection for Ipod & remote control! firstly gona re-wire the damn thing coz its mostly twist and taped! some fuckin muppet wired it last time. im gona do it all properly!