PDA

View Full Version : lyn's SC repaint

Paul Woods
02-06-2008, 19:24
Well its only taken 6 months to get round to this but lyn has waited long enough so its time i got off my ass and resprayed her tiger.

The plan is to get rid of the tiger scheme and put the car into a nice black with purple sheen running through it,this is achieved by laying down a layer of primer,then basecoat black,followed by a purple glitter sparyed into the air around the car in the spray booth,then the whole lot deep laquered,should look the bollox.

Anyway heres tiger in the booth....

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2008/06/7.jpg

And partially stripped and up on axle stands,thats as far as i got....

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2008/06/8.jpg

Sincere apologies to lyn for this taking so long.

OlberJ
02-06-2008, 19:42
:cry: I almost miss my wee hole now av been evicted.

Lyn, this will look dope as fuck when it's done. Paul glittered me today :ghey: and on the black that purple will look the dogs danglies.

Hope it's sunny down in Wales these days, you're gonna be out in this a gfair old bit.

biteme
02-06-2008, 19:47
:cry: I almost miss my wee hole now av been evicted.

Lyn, this will look dope as fuck when it's done. Paul glittered me today :ghey: and on the black that purple will look the dogs danglies.

Hope it's sunny down in Wales these days, you're gonna be out in this a gfair old bit.

Only when Owen's driving it? :)

Honey
02-06-2008, 19:47
I know Lyn has been missing Tiger.... She borrowed Hiw wile I was in Dubai, so I know she will be biting your hand off to get her one back.

Am sure its gonna look great hun.

Jem x

Marksman
02-06-2008, 19:48
Yay :jump: :jump:

Thanks lads that's :fab:

What do I think of the Woodsport team?

:primates:

Might just not go to work and just watch the web cam.

:jump:

Owen.

OlberJ
02-06-2008, 19:52
You'll need to move the webcam, it doesn't look into the spray booth.

Actually, that's what i'll do 2moro and u can make sure Paul's no skiving :P

jasper
02-06-2008, 21:06
Paul glittered me today
Is that shorthand for taking you up the gary glitter... lol

nik
02-06-2008, 21:50
:puke:...lmao...being 'glittered' must ressurect the euphthingies..

OlberJ
02-06-2008, 21:58
Is that shorthand for taking you up the gary glitter... lol

Gary Glitter did WHAT to Jeremy Beadle?

Arkwright
02-06-2008, 23:05
Thanks Paul - I'm sure she's going to look amazing and I'm really pleased you will be able to do the purple effect - she might have to have a rename though - but don't worry I won't be smashing any champagne bottles on her at the ceremony!

Jem - thanks again for the loan of Hiw - I had forgotten what fun these little beasts were (I'm talk 2's here chaps) - thanks again!

Whore of Babylon
03-06-2008, 02:49
I realy like that tiger paint job :P the new one better be good.

adamh
03-06-2008, 18:58
coolio :cool:, look forward to the finish

Paul Woods
03-06-2008, 19:08
today we got the door checks painted,the frunk painted and the engine bay/boot area painted.

Here is a sneak preview of the colour,bear in mind this is a pure black,under normal light and cloudy daytime it will be just plain black,but when the sun hits it...... or say a camera flash.....

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2008/06/11.jpg

:) it looks better in reality and the camera is showing that as bluey,its a lot more purple than blue.

Arkwright
03-06-2008, 19:54
I think I'm in love!

Honey
03-06-2008, 20:29
oooooo pruddy........

Paul Woods
04-06-2008, 06:35
sorry lyn im married :) oh you mean the paint.....

Marksman
04-06-2008, 06:56
sorry lyn im married :) oh you mean the paint.....
rotflmao

I'm sure we could come to some arrangement Paul :hand:

Owen.

Paul Woods
04-06-2008, 07:04
what like a timeshare thing? or is it a car keys in the fruit bowl jobby? lol

Marksman
04-06-2008, 07:07
Now you're just showing your age Paul. Not sure I could take being disciplined by a school teacher any more! :blush:

Owen.

nik
04-06-2008, 10:25
i could..:thumbsup:

jasper
04-06-2008, 11:26
i could..:thumbsup:
http://www.woodsport.org/forum/images/recovered/2008/06/268.jpg

OlberJ
04-06-2008, 18:31
Who's willing to bet Nik's school uniform still fits him? lol

biteme
04-06-2008, 18:32
I bet its big on him

chris99
05-06-2008, 15:27
I bet its big on him

Look an ok fit to me. Massive head though!:hidesbehi

biteme
05-06-2008, 16:34
Look a the size o'that boys heeed, am no kiddin' it's like an orange on toothpick

Paul Woods
05-06-2008, 18:41
well its been a busy old week and i havent had time to update this thread like id hoped,but the car is now in paint.... you need to appreciate that under normal light the car is black....

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2008/06/19.jpg

but then shine a little light across it or the sun hits it and my god does it bling...

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2008/06/20.jpg

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2008/06/21.jpg

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2008/06/22.jpg

These little purple sparkles are all over the car,but only come alive when light hits it,the car also has a purple hue to the black in duller conditions.... we like the effect a lot! just wait until the sunlight hits this thing outside,lyn i hope you have good sunglasses.

Goldy
05-06-2008, 18:46
lol thats bloody sparkly Owen you'll have to get your nails painted to match lol

frisp
05-06-2008, 18:57
That's well tasty :D Very nice work.

snowtigger
05-06-2008, 19:03
reminds me off the old 1970's mettaflake paint schemes that was on some of the custom cars and motor bikes of that era, next it will be flip flop pearlescent paint 1980 style.

it looks lovely i like it a lot good job paul and the gang.

OlberJ
05-06-2008, 19:18
Yep, it looks 80's as fuck.

I really like it. :thumbsup:

whoozy
05-06-2008, 19:20
Nice work there paul,so is the flake in the paint or do you add it or something else?
Looks stunning though!

Paul Woods
05-06-2008, 19:24
the paint is just plain black basecoat,then we spray the purple sparkles into the air around the car thats mixed with a binder and thinner in suspension... this lands on all the panels,then we seal it in and give it a shine with 2k laquer... so the sparkles dont come alive until light hits them..... i think we need to change owens name to sparkles... lol

loadswine
05-06-2008, 20:26
That is superb, I'd love mine done in that sort of finish one day.
Lyn's car is going to look amazing.:thumbsup:

millentubby
05-06-2008, 20:33
http://forums.twobrutal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=889&stc=1&d=1212676063

Creeepy pic!

http://members.shaw.ca/sinizuh/pedobear.jpg

EarL
05-06-2008, 20:36
That looks well blingy. I'll have to pop down when it's done to have a look Owen.

Marksman
05-06-2008, 21:56
That looks well blingy. I'll have to pop down when it's done to have a look Owen.

Fair enough, you're welcome. (Just remember it's Lyn's car not mine!)

Owen.

Marksman
05-06-2008, 22:00
Oh and Woodsport chaps, you sure don't hang around :praise2: Tis great to see, roll on Billing :thumbsup:

Owen.

OlberJ
05-06-2008, 22:04
Oh and Woodsport chaps, you sure don't hang around :praise2:

Once we actually get started :hidesbehi

mart1975
05-06-2008, 22:17
be nice to see that car, the paintwork looks great...
paul you've got to do something about those orbs :wierd2: call ghostbusters or something lol
maybe your unit was built on an ancient indian burial ground :hidesbehi

jasper
05-06-2008, 23:15
Crackin that :thumbsup: Now where have I seen that colour scheme before lol

Arkwright
05-06-2008, 23:25
Wow guys what can I say – if it looks half as good in “the flesh” as it does in the photos I will be so happy everyone will think I’ve dumped Owen and moved in with James Hook :hidesbehi

Once we actually get started :hidesbehi

Yes, but once you do get started…WOW!!

That is superb, I'd love mine done in that sort of finish one day.
Lyn's car is going to look amazing.:thumbsup:

The idea for this started as a half drunk discussion about coloured lacquers which ended up with giving Mr Woods a nightmare – but at the risk of bastardising one of The Hamsters quotes – “Mr Woods, you are a painting GOD!”

I think I should also lay some thanks at Mr. Paff’s door as he was one third of the semi drunken trio that came up with the idea (Owen and I being the other two thirds – before you ask).

reminds me of the old 1970's mettaflake paint

It looks 80's as fuck.

Hee hee – the Retro-2 – I was going to rename her as I don’t think she can really be a Tiger now but Retro…? Maybe not!

lol that’s bloody sparkly Owen you'll have to get your nails painted to match lol

I think we need to change Owen’s name to sparkles... lol

Just one thing I’d like to point out…

Just remember it's Lyn's car not mine!

Which considering he has just announced “it looks just like mine now – it’s mica blue” probably means he’ll be banned from driving it until he does something REALLY amazing to make up for his terrible comment :eek2:

(Don’t worry Mr Woods, he has been suitably punished for his blasphemous comment.)

Honestly guys it looks truly amazing - thank you so much for all your very hard work - you're the best :thumbsup:

Whore of Babylon
05-06-2008, 23:34
Im sorry guys i cant jump on the band wagon here, i loved that "Tiger" paint job. But now i know what colours ill use if i ever make a Mk1 track car.

Hey Arkwright, any chance you can post up more pics of the original paint job i can use as a refrence? :)

cheers,
WoB

OlberJ
05-06-2008, 23:36
Funny, i was saying it looked like Mica Blue a bit an all today.

Depends where u stand. lol

Arkwright
05-06-2008, 23:45
Funny, i was saying it looked like Mica Blue a bit an all today.

Depends where u stand. lol

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take that back! It can't possibly be mica blue - everyone other one is mica blue she is supposed to be original!

Paul - you'll have to change her again (running away now very quickly before Mr. Woods kills me :hidesbehi )

Arkwright
05-06-2008, 23:47
Im sorry guys i cant jump on the band wagon here, i loved that "Tiger" paint job. But now i know what colours ill use if i ever make a Mk1 track car.

Hey Arkwright, any chance you can post up more pics of the original paint job i can use as a refrence? :)

cheers,
WoB

Yes I have quite a few PM me your e-mail and I'll send them to you - I've also got the colour plan too!

M15US W
07-06-2008, 18:47
Wow the SC formerly known as Tiger looks stunning,well done lads!
Sooo want to start project Celica now......Lambo doors,V6 and a Woodsport paintjob!
It's Saturday night "It could be me" lol and if it is will be bringing M15 US W to camp out on Pauls doorstep!

Paul Woods
08-06-2008, 07:20
camp and paul are not often words i like to hear in the same sentence although there is photographic evidence on johnnys phone of a particularly vile shirt i had on last night that would suggest otherwise

MRV6
08-06-2008, 14:21
Yes mate, me thinks your cover is blown!!!

M15US W
08-06-2008, 21:45
camp and paul are not often words i like to hear in the same sentence although there is photographic evidence on johnnys phone of a particularly vile shirt i had on last night that would suggest otherwise
Paul I just thought it was you,tents and vodka that had issues lol!:puke:

Conor
09-06-2008, 08:08
Wait, what? You can go camping in England? I thought half the island was covered by London and the other half was farm land, though... ;)

Arkwright
09-06-2008, 09:51
Wait, what? You can go camping in England? I thought half the island was covered by London and the other half was farm land, though... ;)

Ooh, I can think of SO many witty come backs to that - non of them are fit to print though - even on this rather liberal forum. SIGH :hidesbehi

Honey
09-06-2008, 12:56
She is looking great Lyn, Will have to get "Retro" and Hiw together for a wee photoshoot at somepoint.

Still want to borrow her next week?

Jem x

Arkwright
09-06-2008, 15:22
Still want to borrow Hiw next week?

Jem x

Let me think about that for a milli-second...

YES!!!

Yes please, that would be great!!

Honey
09-06-2008, 17:02
NO problem...... Belive I will be across the bridge Wednesday after work (not sure if I have a pizza shift or not yet) and I'll need her back Sunday to go to work Monday AM.....

Will make sure she is nice and clean for you too.....

Are we going to be nice and let Owen have a drive or is he only allowed to look longingly(sp) at the keys..... lol

Jem x

Conor
09-06-2008, 19:46
Ooh, I can think of SO many witty come backs to that - non of them are fit to print though - even on this rather liberal forum. SIGH :hidesbehi
At least I didn't crack a Wales/England joke. lol

Back on topic: Car looks good so far. Can't wait to see completed photos in the sunlight :)

Paul Woods
11-06-2008, 18:37
well ive had a pretty furious few days flattening and polishing the paintwork,and all has gone to plan regarding the car looking black under dull conditions....

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2008/06/48.jpg

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2008/06/49.jpg

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2008/06/50.jpg

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2008/06/51.jpg

in that last pic if you look at the drivers front wheel arch you can just see a purple/blue hue to the black,thats all you see under dull light,just looks like a black car.

When its waxed up and the sun comes out though it will take on a whole new look.

Im in the middle of painting all the bits that bolt on now,sideskirts,spoilers and wing mirrors etc

OlberJ
11-06-2008, 18:50
Looks Mica Blue to me :hidesbehi

Paul Woods
11-06-2008, 18:59
stop winding them up you!

frisp
11-06-2008, 19:43
Very nice work m8 :)

biteme
11-06-2008, 19:43
Can't wait for this to be finished!

Marksman
11-06-2008, 19:45
I'm liking that a lot Paul :thumbsup: Would write a lot more but the underside of a car is in my immediate future so will attend to that first, but damn is that looking nice, in fact it's brightened my crappy day considerably :praise2:

Olber - :box2:

Owen.

mart1975
11-06-2008, 22:40
im sure it'll look great in the flesh, i definately wasnt a fan of the orange anyway.

Arkwright
11-06-2008, 23:20
Paul she looks fabulous - thank you so much! I have a new seal for the side vent - it's the only seal that hasn't been replaced already so can I send it to you to use when you put her back together again please?

I can't get over how different she looks - she's amazing!

As for you Olber - :smack: :slap: - behave or I'll shut your finger's in the snappy till!!

MRV6
12-06-2008, 22:06
I had the chance to have a look at this under bright sunlight. What a cracking colour, amazing effect and has a nice deep look to it. I have to say I wasn't a big fan of the orange paint job but you are gonna be a happy bunny with this one.

Arkwright
22-07-2008, 12:43
I collected my baby on Friday morning - all nice and shiny - from Mr. Woods. She is amazing and I am really happy with her - the orange is definitely and thing of the past - thank you both very much for all the time and effort you put into her for me.

We had a bit of a mad dash home because her MOT expired at midnight on the day I collected her so I also owe a big thank you to Owen for taking the day off work so we could collect her and get her back to South Wales in time for her date with the MOT-Man.

After a very smooth 284 mile journey home - and a whistle-stop at SWAT to fit a replacement passenger headlight unit - she arrived for her MOT.

The tester pointed out that her side lights were yellow - I pointed out that as an import they had been yellow for 22 years and the last 5 of those he had carried out her MOT and passed her! He looked a bit bashful and then said it must have been because she used to be yellow ;)

The next question was "does her fog light work" - to which my answer was "yes of course" but I then looked to the place where the fog light should have been (attached to the underside of the rear bumper) and it was missing - just a neat little hole where it had once been attached!! My turn to look rather bashful :blush:

The rest of the test went off without any hiccups and they gave me her certificate so she is now fully road legal again and a pleasure to drive and be seen in :jump:

A fact we celebrated by taking her to the Farnborough Airshow on Sunday - where she got covered in dust in the car park and is now in need a wash and polish...I see a lot of washing and polishing of her in my future :hidesbehi

Finally to go with the new colour she now has a new name – Attica. Believe it or not a lot of thought and consideration went into deciding on this name and there is a very reasoned explanation behind the choice too…but this post is too long already so I’ll save it for another day :thumbsup:

Once again...

THANK YOU

Paff
22-07-2008, 13:00
Certainly is a cracking job done on this one woodsy, I've only seen it when it was a bit dusty but you could generally see the quality of work gone into this one.

I see a lot of washing and polishing of her in my future :hidesbehi

I think before the shows someone might become very busy :)

Paul Woods
22-07-2008, 18:01
that makes it all worthwhile,happy people all round... great stuff.

Ive just realised there's a foglight sitting in a cupboard here lol but if its any consolation it doesnt work :)

Goldy
22-07-2008, 19:28
Result! We expect to see lots of photos of "Attica" with picturesque backdrops!