PDA

View Full Version : Various lights not working - Mk2!!

splintermcinnes
28-05-2008, 23:25
Need help peeps, my 1993 rev2 is having some lighting issues!

first off, my reverse lights dont work??? and yes the bulbs are ok, they are new!

and my indicators/hazards arent working, its getting frustrating to other road users haha!!!

any help appreciated!

Ta

Matt

chr15_84t3
29-05-2008, 02:31
have you taken your dash apart recently?

welsh_kroozer
29-05-2008, 09:05
have you had the same problem chris??? like chris said... take the dash apart and check all the connections, if you havent checked all the fuses and everything already...

and also, check the reverse light switch on the gearbox hasnt been disturbed, it may have come out or something...

thats all i can think about to be honest matey

splintermcinnes
29-05-2008, 09:37
i had the dash in bits the other day, the bits arround the gear stick and the stereo came out as did the big bit under the steering wheel, i was removing an old boost controller and the stereo. the reverse lights havent worked for a while but the indicators is a new one!! so where should i look for relay/fuse for the indicators, and where abouts on the gearbox is this reverse switch thing??

thanks

BSM
29-05-2008, 10:00
Have you plugged your hazard switch back in?

Sports Toyota Breakers
29-05-2008, 10:23
ditto BSM, hazard switch. Reverse switch is on the top of the gearbox, dead obvious when you look.

chr15_84t3
29-05-2008, 10:30
yep, had the same problem when i took my dash apart to change the bulbs to led's. if you dont plug the connector back into the rear of the hazards button the indicators/hazards wont work. cant remember whether there is a connection next to the gear lever for when you put it in reverse so check for that as well, but there is definately a connector on top of the gearbox. if that has come loose or the wires have been pulled out then the reverse lights wont work. i had that problem when a "motorsport" garage changed my gearbox out. simple enough job to do tho. i managed it and i'm rubbish with cars lol

splintermcinnes
29-05-2008, 16:21
cheers for the input, i was thinking today about the hazard switch!! before i read these rep[lies, and low and behold, when i pluged it back in they worked fine!!!! as for the reverse lights, i think i see what your on about, i didnt touch it though, it's now in for its MOT, so will see what they say, hopefully they arent to anal about it!

Moocho crassy arse!

Charged
29-05-2008, 16:24
Scrap it.

splintermcinnes
29-05-2008, 17:37
Scrap it.http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2008/05/2.gif

sod off, she passed with flying colours! it has gone through with nothing picked up what so ever!! wohoo!!:jump:

BSM
30-05-2008, 15:06
Nice one centurian:thumbsup: