PDA

View Full Version : Undercar Neons & Other Lighting Goodness

TheGasMan
21-05-2008, 14:50
Alright fellas, picking up my MR2 in about a fortnight but I've been thinking..

I'm not a silly boy Racer before anyone asks but I have been looking at some Undercar neons for the MR2..

While I was looking at some Neons for underneath the motor i found a website that sold other lighting etc and I really fancy having a couple of Blue tubes in the engine bay and maybe a couple inside the car..

I know the lights come with controller units etc but would it be possible (Hypothetically) to say remove the air vent from underneath the Clock, and say get something to cover it.. then have 4 switches on this panel like this..

http://www.extremeautoaccessories.co.uk/pics/1_1180019150.jpg

.. one for the engine bay, one of underneath the car, one for the interior and maybe one for something else..

How much work would be involved and would this even be possible? Sorry for the long winded message lads, hope someone has some ideas :thumbsup:

Cheers, Jack.

biteme
21-05-2008, 15:04
I'd quite like this too for the shows ... some blue neons around the engine bay and under the car on a relay switch.

I think, if done right, that it could look pretty sweet.

jasper
21-05-2008, 15:09
It depends on how neat of a job you want as to how long it takes but still wouldn't take too long even if taking trim apart to hide wiring. Personally I'd keep the vent and install the switches on the dash underneath the wheel. Do you need doomsday covers on the swiches?

Try maplins or http://www.nfauto.co.uk/cbs_products_new.htm for things like that, may be cheaper than yours.

Paff
21-05-2008, 16:50
I used to have neons. They got ripped off at the time of the conversion. Now even a suggestion of putting some back on would get some pisstaking happening.

I knida agree that for shows they would be good and add that little bit of difference to your car. I wouldn't imagine it being a hard job just if you do it make sure its done neat and you can't see the tubes at all, you only want the glow showing.

OlberJ
21-05-2008, 17:52
If it's just for shows, get some glow sticks and tape them to the underside of the car and the engine bay fairings.

Neons? Come on folks, this is TB!

TheGasMan
21-05-2008, 18:14
Neons? Come on folks, this is TB!

By Neons I mean MEGA NEONS, like shit you need 5 EXTRA batteries for!

Serious Neons that go BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR and give you 50900 extra HORSEPOWERS!

Brutal enough Ollie? ;)

Paul Woods
21-05-2008, 18:26
neons........ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

im off to the pink place :)

TheGasMan
21-05-2008, 18:31
Thats that decided then... Im gonna buy a massive box of Pink Neon tubes for Paul and Ollie, as a thank you gift :thumbsup:

sketchy
22-05-2008, 03:47
put the switch panel in place of the dash pocket....

was thinking about taking the piss out of all the show car guys with the "trailer princess" cars

lots of neons...home audio gear.... tinfoil(cant afford too polish or chrome stuff on a shitta)....maybe even duraseal(the self adhesive wrap you put on books, instead of flash paint;)...)...plastic spinner wheel trims...cardboard body kit...

so its just nasty....like real nasty....lol

DVSMR2
22-05-2008, 19:59
put the switch panel in place of the dash pocket....

was thinking about taking the piss out of all the show car guys with the "trailer princess" cars

lots of neons...home audio gear.... tinfoil(cant afford too polish or chrome stuff on a shitta)....maybe even duraseal(the self adhesive wrap you put on books, instead of flash paint;)...)...plastic spinner wheel trims...cardboard body kit...

so its just nasty....like real nasty....lol

dont forget the Marley spouting sideskirts and celofane tints taped on the windows instead of real tint...
and the shopping list on the door...

OlberJ
22-05-2008, 20:37
http://filer.case.edu/~jsh28/drew/bodykit.html

Quite.

'Mon the hoops!

TheGasMan
22-05-2008, 21:07
http://filer.case.edu/~jsh28/drew/bodykit.html

Quite.

'Mon the hoops!

Can you say Rice Rocket? rotflmao

myers
24-05-2008, 11:24
i did all that to mine wen fast n furious came out.887 was a long time ago.

Charged
24-05-2008, 11:36
I feel physically sick.

myers
24-05-2008, 11:44
like i said was a long time ago lol

Charged
24-05-2008, 11:55
like i said was a long time ago lol

The word 'neon' from the first page did it!

myers
24-05-2008, 11:59
ha ha, it takes all sorts to make the world go round.

OlberJ
24-05-2008, 12:42
ha ha, it takes all sorts to make the world go round.

Aye we're pushing forwards and there's always some retard pushing in the opposite direction :P

Garbe
24-05-2008, 13:03
:odd:

I think you missed the boat on that one, I saw a supra in the mid nineties with neons and that looked ace. However, it was one of the first i'd seen and quite unique.

Neons are like three spokes IMO. Great in their time but best left there.

myers
24-05-2008, 14:01
the thing is if everyones taste was alike then all us on here could be drivin corsa's or micra's with exhausts bigger than the engines and badly fitted body kits, NOW THATS SCAREY:hmm:

OlberJ
24-05-2008, 14:40
the thing is if everyones taste was alike then all us on here could be drivin corsa's or micra's with exhausts bigger than the engines and badly fitted body kits, NOW THATS SCAREY:hmm:

No, you miss understand. If everyones was the same, there'd be spotty neds driving about in Superhcarged V8 Mk1s.

:mrgreen:

TheGasMan
24-05-2008, 16:19
Opinions are like arse holes.

Everyone has one.

Marksman
24-05-2008, 16:21
Yes Harry.

myers
24-05-2008, 17:08
Opinions are like arse holes.

Everyone has one.

True!

the interior 1's in pic still work due to the fact ther drilled in led's and wired to door switches, the 1's underneath r still ther but dont work due to the fact the remote sensor is fooked and has been for years, probs could bypass it but not that bothered about them anymore.

OlberJ
24-05-2008, 17:13
So they weren't removed due to not liking them anymore, they jus don't work? lol

Sorry lads, each to their own but mon tae fuck, are you's at the wind up?

TheGasMan
24-05-2008, 20:29
Yes Harry.

My name is Jack fella. Harry is my Dad.

Marksman
24-05-2008, 21:43
My name is Jack fella. Harry is my Dad.

OK I'll try Clint then...

Owen.

TheGasMan
24-05-2008, 22:59
OK I'll try Clint then...

Owen.

Its a quote from Dirty Harry? could never have called that.. sorry :thumbsup:

Garbe
24-05-2008, 23:20
If you like em - go for it, tis your car.

Not very TB, hold on, not TB at all !

TheGasMan
24-05-2008, 23:50
Ill get some sort of external sound system that hurls abuse at people, pretty brutal.. :thumbsup:

Marksman
25-05-2008, 10:52
Its a quote from Dirty Harry? could never have called that.. sorry :thumbsup:

Certainly is, and a good-un too. On a similar note stubborn bolts can often be freed up for very little effort if you tell them to "go ahead, make my day.."

Owen.

myers
25-05-2008, 23:49
Certainly is, and a good-un too. On a similar note stubborn bolts can often be freed up for very little effort if you tell them to "go ahead, make my day.."

Owen.

Or just grind them off:thumbsup:

Marksman
25-05-2008, 23:55
A fair point well made.

Now go and whip yourself a thousand times for mentioning neons on TB lol

Owen.

myers
26-05-2008, 00:02
i have an excuse Owen i was only young and it was the whole fast n furious thing going on,

twas at least 8 year ago i did it

TheGasMan
26-05-2008, 00:05
See the thing is, your car looked like one of those Christmas Trees you get from Poundland or something..

I think it would be possible to do it tastefully.. how Im uncertain of that right now but for the neons, i apologise..

Ill wait till they issue those BRUTAL NEONS THAT BLIND PEOPLE and that.. until then :thumbsup:

myers
26-05-2008, 00:08
See the thing is, your car looked like one of those Christmas Trees you get from Poundland or something..

I think it would be possible to do it tastefully.. how Im uncertain of that right now but for the neons, i apologise..

Ill wait till they issue those BRUTAL NEONS THAT BLIND PEOPLE and that.. until then :thumbsup:

oh and im on your side with this:gay:

anth
26-05-2008, 17:39
:thumbsup: get them on your car,inside and out. the more the better,paul and oll have got them, the shogun looks the dogs at night

anth
26-05-2008, 17:44
the mk1 of light