PDA

View Full Version : broken lock nut key

rattymr2
29-04-2008, 23:35
i broke the locking wheel nut key today. Do i need to get the lock nuts drilled off or if Ki can remember where he got the nuts from (or make of them) can i get a new key?

ta

OlberJ
30-04-2008, 00:01
Gator Grip is your friend.

Or weld a nut onto the locking nut and simply replace them.

Paul Woods
30-04-2008, 06:48
ratty pming you with how to remove,its how the pikeys steal wheels with lockers on so dont really want to post on the forum! johnny might be reading lol

Mistertwokw
30-04-2008, 07:43
Ratty, mail ordered the wheels, they are just a set of locking nuts that came with them, just tsw ones.

supersi
30-04-2008, 08:35
Go to the auto shop or screwfix and purchase a set of locking wheel nut removers. Just did some on one of mine yesterday. They have a reverse screw thread on them and tighten onto the locking nut as you undo them.

Screwfix link (http://www.screwfix.com/prods/94826/Automotive/Mechanics-Tools/Emergency-Locking-Wheel-Nut-Remover-4-Pc)

Of just leave your car in Croxteth for about half an hour and the locking wheel nuts will have magically have disappeared when you get back.

Garbe
30-04-2008, 13:27
Of just leave your car in Croxteth for about half an hour and the locking wheel nuts will have magically have disappeared when you get back.

along with the wheels lol

rattymr2
30-04-2008, 13:58

Nah. the nuts'll still be there just the rest of the car gone.