PDA

View Full Version : what bits from a camry are needed??

robste2000
07-04-2008, 20:04
hello all, im a newbie and please dont think im being lazy, i have been abusing the search button but really need to know one thing.... What exactly is needed from a camry for a 3vz-fe swap into a mk2?. Im sure its on here but i just cant find a definate answer and as im sourcing the engine from a scrappy as i dont have the room for a donor car (and my mom would kill me as im using their garage) i need to ask mr. scapman for all the parts.

So far the list is.....
Engine with manifold and downpipe
Full engine loom with ecu (inc all four plugs!) and COR relays
AFM
Vac canister
starter motor (although not essential)

anyone think of anything i have missed??

Found a 3vz-fe with 65k on it for £280 delivered. Does that sound about right?? sounded good to me!

Paul Woods
08-04-2008, 06:54
be very very wary of any engine a scrapyard is going to deliver,we have done this a few times and every time it has been ripped out destroying essential parts despite me pleading with them and even offering them more money to remove it safely.... they are butchers.Id be amazed if it arrives in one piece but its a good price all the same.

you will need the coilpack/amplifier unit,all induction pipework but you dont need the COR.

Also these breakers yards seem to have a habit of saying 65k on the engine,thats the exact same mileage i got quoted on both times ive used a breaker.....both engines arrived with a timing belt last changed at 100k ish sticker still on the cambelt cover ,total rogues!

black_mk1
08-04-2008, 08:04
be very very wary of any engine a scrapyard is going to deliver,we have done this a few times and every time it has been ripped out destroying essential parts despite me pleading with them and even offering them more money to remove it safely.... they are butchers.Id be amazed if it arrives in one piece but its a good price all the same.

you will need the coilpack/amplifier unit,all induction pipework but you dont need the COR.

Also these breakers yards seem to have a habit of saying 65k on the engine,thats the exact same mileage i got quoted on both times ive used a breaker.....both engines arrived with a timing belt last changed at 100k ish sticker still on the cambelt cover ,total rogues!

Yeah, mine has a smashed dizzy cap, cracked iscv etc.
I collected my engine and had a look around the camry shell so I could check mileage.
As Paul says, price seems good and saves the work of removing it yourself but I would bet the mileage is too low :)