PDA

View Full Version : got an epc now need some help

robwsurf
13-03-2008, 17:26
i got an epc now could do with some help

i ve got a mid 1992 rev 2 engine trying to find the right model number for a rev 2so i can find part numbers for a few things can anyone help?

Poohbear
13-03-2008, 18:22
Model number is SW20L-ACMZFG

Bob

jimi
13-03-2008, 20:16
That number is for a Left had drive coupe, to get a bigger choice of models do the following
Step 1. Put 211220 into the Model name/Catalogue code box and click the search on that box
Step 2. The cursor will jump to the Model box, click the search button on that box and it will give you a list of models, select the one with the date range/body type/engine/transmission you want.

However if your initial set up is European then you won't get turbo parts. To get turbo parts you need to change your initial setup to Japanese ( assuming you have the Jap discs) then repeat the above. At step 2 you will get a massive list of MK2 models to choose from

If you are unsure of what the abbreviations mean click F12(Vinf) for explanations, click F12 again to close the pop up box

If you want find a different car (any Toyota) ie a Camry then
Step 1. Click the search on the Model name/Catalogue code box. This will bring up a list of all Toyota cars up to the date of your discs ( assuming you have the full setup and not a cut down version) select the car you want from the list
Step 2. The cursor will jump to the Model box, click the search button on that box and it will give you a list of models, select the one with the date range/body type/engine/transmission you want.

hth
Jimi

Edit
the first part above (number is 211210) applies to UK MK1's as well and for SC's the 2nd part applies

Poohbear
13-03-2008, 21:02
Hi Jimi....that code is not specifically for the LHD coupe...that number gets you all versions of GE...coupe, t-bar, LHD, RHD,. In fact that model code is for my own Rev2 coupe. The absolute best way to search for parts IMO is to put your VIN number in, which is what I do.

Bob

robwsurf
13-03-2008, 21:29
cheers for that will give it a go

jimi
13-03-2008, 22:27
Hate to argue Bob but it is, the L after SW20 denotes Left Hand drive.
Put that number in the Model box and click search. then look just below the box in Characteristics and you will see
Engine Body Grade ATM/MTM Trans
3SGE CP MTM 5F LHD TWC G
which translates ( according to Vinf ) to
Engine................3SGE
Body..................Coupe
ATM/MTM...........Manual Transmission
Trans.................5 speed floor shift
LHD...................Drivers position Left-Hand Drive Vehicles
TWC..................Twin Cam(3SGE)
G......................Destination-Europe
;)
I do agree totally agree with you on using the VIN number, definitely the best way :thumbsup:

Poohbear
13-03-2008, 22:41
Arrrrgggghhh bugger...sorry Jimi completely missed the L Doh!! my bad

Bob