PDA

View Full Version : Dashlights not coming on.

sixafterfour
12-03-2008, 00:07
Alright guys, here is the problem, the lights on my insrument panel are not working anymore.

I look where the fuses are and i see a 7.5Amp fuse blown, so i go over to my other '86 and look at the fuses there. My H/T had a 25 amp in that slot, so i swap them and it worked.

Now i just went for a drive and tried it and bam, the fuses are popped again!
Well here is the question, do i just pop in a larger fuse :twisted:, or do i figure out whats going on?

Is that fuse possibly connected to my stereo? since i do have too many speakers in mine:)

Paul Woods
12-03-2008, 07:24
fitting bigger and bigger fuses is the road to disaster! please dont do that,you will end up with an electrical fire.

You need to eliminate whatever is on that circuit thats causing a problem,is this the dash illumination thats not working? do the headlights and sidelights work? im sure they are on the same circuit.... so water in a sidelight or number plate lamp could be blowing the fuse.... or a faulty bulb can also do it.

sixafterfour
13-03-2008, 05:42
hrmm i think i have figured out whats wrong.
It was either this exposed orange wire behind my cd player that could have been touching the frame, or me unplugging the light thats just above the A/C controls.

threw a 10amp fuse in there (couldnt find a 7.5A) and havent had a problem yet :)