PDA

View Full Version : st185 twin pot rebuild

Tom G
11-02-2008, 09:21
quick question, I've got some early st185 JDM front calipers and want a seal kit. If I go to mr T and ask for a kit for an st165 will that fit? Also, am I better off going to brakes int?
Cheers!!! :thumbsup:

OlberJ
11-02-2008, 09:44
Brakes Int are the daddies, and yes it's the ST165 twin piston refurb kit you're after.

It was only on the ST185 as a cross-over, as i found out by mistake.

Still mega chuffed with the twin pots though, although it's the same size disc as the 1b they have an amazing amount of bite. :thumbsup:

eight-six
11-07-2008, 00:44
As these calipers a direct bolt on for the AW11?

Dont answer that .. I am a moron .. saw the other thread!

superchargedsam
11-07-2008, 00:57
james yes the ST185s are a direct replacment althogh discs will be reuired and a 2mm spacer for the caliper from memory! you still over in bristol, if so and your after a set I have a set stripped and painted with genuine toyota rebuild kit to rebuild them with and new discs already driled for these calipers! If your in bristol still am over that way every few days or at least passing!

eight-six
11-07-2008, 18:56
Hey Sam, yes mate still in Bristol ... sadly :) I was just trying to find out if any of the AW11 brakes swaps could potentially work on the AE86, but done some more digging and the mk1 has bigger brakes / different calipers / bolt spacing so looks like the ST185's are not going to be possible. Otherwise I would have had them off you mate.

The brakes on my 86 are fine (due to the pads I run) but was wondering if there was a cheap brake upgrade that might work.

Bit stuck for an alternative to the usual FC3S (rx7) swap which is hard to track down calipers for, or the usual mega money aftermarket set ups. The car dosnt need much braking but could benifit from a bit more on track.

There has to be 1 caliper out there thats better and fits?!

Cheers

James