View Full Version : v6 or v8?

billybobbooth
04-02-2008, 00:18
ok im having to things to think about here i would love 3s-gte rev3+ but i prefer superchargers as they are more for my driving style.

im thinking more to the v6 and no not the normal v6 im thinking of the later 95+ camery v6 the 1mz-fe, has to be fe as the ge dont seem to like the superchargers that much the 1.6 did but the 3s-ge dosnt like it that much.

other thought was going mad and as this will be my life car was thinking hehe v8 just something very diffrent and put a big smaile on my face!

also what sort of budget do i need for a convertion, im going to avoid them but fensport do a 3s-gte for about 1.5k-2k all parts needed, im not looking at doing this project this second but will be starting it and i would like to get parts when i can and slowly so i can re-build them and clean them and paint ect. as plan on driving my 1.6 till she goes bang or i can afford to get a cheap run about after saving up and then get the 1.6 out.

EarL
04-02-2008, 15:39
The V6 is a reletively cheap conversion mate. Paul Woods (Woodsport) offers this service for a roll in-roll out £2500, and the standard of finish is exceptional.

A V8 on the other hand will involve many hours of fabrication and head scratching, and will cost you a damn site more than two and half G's.

EarL.

biteme
04-02-2008, 15:41
V6 ... every day, purely as EarL says. Woodsport are the danglies when it comes to to this. Nobody does it better, quicker or cheaper.

I like the V6 so much that I'm having 2!

OlberJ
04-02-2008, 16:28
V6 is gonna be cheaper but i don't think the V8 will cost that much more if you do the fabwork yourself.

Jus need to factor in extra for :

ECU
Audi Box
Driveshafts
Gear Cables

Everything else will be pretty much as it is with the V6.

Obviously it's all unkown for sure atm but it's worth a shot i reckon.

millentubby
04-02-2008, 16:35
Unless you're one of the few 'gifted' folk with the ability to pioneer one of the V8 swaps I'd go for the V6 - all the hard stuff has been done already - we know what works and what doesn't....which is a Juicy Brucie Bonus.

weegaz22
04-02-2008, 16:45
V6 is gonna be cheaper but i don't think the V8 will cost that much more if you do the fabwork yourself.

Jus need to factor in extra for :

ECU
Audi Box
Driveshafts
Gear Cables
adaptor plate
steel for fabwork
a sparky to connect 4 wires

lol

best bang for buck is the 3sgte imo, 240bhp out the box and 300 acheivable with bolt ons, v6 will cost you more, then a sc will cost you best part of a grand unless you adapt a blower from something else

OlberJ
04-02-2008, 16:45
Guess if you're asking the question then the V8's not really feasible.

OlberJ
04-02-2008, 16:50
Very good Gaz, ya bas. :P

Seriously though, apart from mounting it, and getting driveshafts to work, that's it. Same basic principal.

TbarTurbo
04-02-2008, 17:43
I need a link to the '4 wires' thread... :D

OlberJ
04-02-2008, 19:39
Just my build thread. I got a little ahead of myself and was under the impression the fecking thing would start when the wiring was done.

It's been at that position for quite a wee while now. Hence the slagging.

http://forums.twobrutal.com/showthread.php?t=7575

Nod
04-02-2008, 20:25
I like the V6 so much that I'm having 2!

me too, one for the week and one for sunday best :thumbsup:

Lyndon.

biteme
04-02-2008, 20:29
Good plan, sir!

Spider for Sunny Days ... t'other for when I wanna go quick and then I've got the Bimmer for when I want to relax lol