PDA

View Full Version : Project turning point...

blackbob
06-01-2008, 07:55
So for those of you who don't already know I'm stationed in Guam. Outside of that I have not had the best of luck with my two any two owner would want to even imagine having. Out of the six or seven months I have spent on this car I'm at what should be the "fun" or "testing and driving" stage of the game. Instead I'm damn near broke,angry at myself and this car. I have everyting done and ready to go but she just wont start. I know it's not turn key affair but the more I think about it the more discouraged I become about it.

I actually posted it forsale out here and of course it's not no one who's never seen such a swap attemped where I am is going to try and finish it. But,I don't know if I want to continue to poor anymore money into this. So I figured I'd come to the source and talk to some fellow V6 two owners and see what you suggest I do in my situation. I have one more test to do and almost no means to do it.Parts are few far and between and in order to do the test I want I need to order the part. The ordering process alone is driving me crazy because I'm tired of waiting WEEKS for an "overnight" part. I'm so angry I've actually talked about giving it away because I'm just that fed up with it..any suggestions ?

Paul Woods
06-01-2008, 10:02
agreed,lets work the problem.... go right back to basics and start again,it will be worth all the effort mate... you would hate to sell this car for peanuts and find out the guy joined 1 wire up to get it running.

DONT GIVE UP! you have a full forum of help behind you.

EarL
06-01-2008, 11:19
agreed,lets work the problem.... go right back to basics and start again,it will be worth all the effort mate... you would hate to sell this car for peanuts and find out the guy joined 1 wire up to get it running.

DONT GIVE UP! you have a full forum of help behind you.
Wise words indeed Paul. :thumbsup:

Having spent the best part of £30k to get the Beast up to the point where I knew it would be a force to be reconed with, I was put in a position where I had no other option but to sell it for a 3rd of what I spent on it, and believe me, it hurt!

My advice would be to take a step back, let the guys here have a think about what the problem is, and come up with a solution. Between us, there's a whole wealth of knowledge to tap into.

Chin up bud, :thumbsup:

EarL.

biteme
06-01-2008, 12:08
^^^^^^^^^^^

as they said ... so long as you provide accurate information for us to troubleshoot and the do testing correct, then you're on a winner.

It will work!!

snowtigger
06-01-2008, 13:33
dont give up over a small prob theres plenty of help here dude leave it alone for a bit have a brewski sit back think relax.
then tell us wot parts u need and the problem it is causeing.

biteme
06-01-2008, 13:42
brewski

That's a coffee or a cup of tea mate :thumbsup:

Translated by: Johnny G Translation Services

GaryA
06-01-2008, 13:48
Yep when it's starting to get you down walk away for a while ,trying to fault find when ya pissed off is nightmare . Leave it for a while and then come back to it . When it's done you can laugh about it and give help to others who will no doubt be in your shoes with their swaps.

snowtigger
06-01-2008, 15:31
brewski is also an american slang term for a beer coming from breskis a seller of corrs and other beverages of alcohol.
provided by the department of international beer research and in relation to anglo us beer drinking freindship.

blackbob
06-01-2008, 21:11
Thanks guys,
I'mma let it sit for a week and come back to it.

snowtigger
07-01-2008, 00:21
will have to have a look at your motor when im on me holls going to florida the great disney pilgramage the jacksons are invadeing.

blackbob
07-01-2008, 02:50
will have to have a look at your motor when im on me holls going to florida the great disney pilgramage the jacksons are invadeing.
I'm stationed in Guam unless you wanna stop here first..lol.

snowtigger
07-01-2008, 23:33
hmmmm guam a bit toooooooo far methinks she who holds my scrotum sack ie wallet doesnt approve i think the lady doth protest.

blackbob
08-01-2008, 01:50
hmmmm guam a bit toooooooo far methinks she who holds my scrotum sack ie wallet doesnt approve i think the lady doth protest.
Roflmao....

blackbob
08-01-2008, 09:05
Found it,
Talked to a Toyota Master Tech buddy of mine,turns on the "unidentifiable" ECU (http://www.mr2.com/forums/autolink.php?id=50&script=showthread&forumid=74) I have isn't even the one I need. Hell it's not even from the same car or a car for that matter.

wangan_x
08-01-2008, 12:22
dont give up over a small prob theres plenty of help here dude leave it alone for a bit have a brewski sit back think relax.
then tell us wot parts u need and the problem it is causeing.

beer is boring try everclear(197.5 proof)... you will forget about all your problems, and what was causing them, and what happened last week:hidesbehi