PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pump prime

blackbob
26-12-2007, 07:09
Ok,
So my US spec ( or possibly canadian ) non-turbo MR2 has two blue/black wires comming from the FP spot of the C.O.R. Now my buddies turbo that is the same year as my non-turbo ( 91 ). Has one wire running from the same spot on it's C.O.R. I cannot seem to find a useable key hot that strong enough to power the fuel pump and shut it off like it's surpose to after three seconds ( prime ). Instead the ones I do have make it run constantly and that's NOT surpose to happen. Does anyone know where I can or should put this in my fuse block so I don't burn myself or the car down with a FP constantly running ?:hidesbehi

OR
Does the facotory toyota fuel systems even use a 3 sec pulse rule ? I could have sworn mine did before the swap.....

blackbob
26-12-2007, 10:23
You have to add in an extra wire iirc to power the pump/cor correctly and use the green camry cor.
Its possible to use the normally mr2 cor but it requires a bit of jiggery pokery with the wiring.
If you take the mr2 cor out and look into the plug socket youll see a contact missing, its just a case or replacing that and wiring it to the diagram,
Gave me a headache first time round too. :)
What is IIRC ??? What do you mean and use the with the camry cor ? I looked at the diagram and looks like the #6 plug goes to the AFM is that what you mean by IIRC ? I'm looking at it and I kinda see what you're saying but I'mma need a little more detail. I think I can try to obtain a C.O.R. from a camry it's a matter of finding a V6 one. But seriously I'm going to need more detail on how to wire up the FP so I don't burn myself and the car down first time out.

P.S.

I'm about to head out and go fishing for a few hours and I need check when I get back. I don't think you'll be online when I get back. So if you could give me as detailed a answe as possible I'll get back to you with the results.

blackbob
27-12-2007, 01:04
iirc=if i remember correctly. :)

Its in hand anyway, im sending you a V6 cor relay, socket and wiring in the package, so hold fire on wiring anything else until you have the proper parts, otherwise as you say, you may burn the car down. :)
roflmao.....

Where does the wiring need to go with the new c.o.r. for the 3 sec pulse ?

blackbob
27-12-2007, 12:45
Thanks dude,can you check my other thread on spark ?