PDA

View Full Version : Dual radiator?

sixafterfour
26-12-2007, 04:20
Alright i thought of this idea for those who are having cooling problems with their v6s, especially with those who have them supercharged.
Simply have two radiators stacked side by side.
We know the dimensions on these will fit so that won't be a problem. The only thing you would have to do fabricate/buy two "Y" pipes/tubes.
The increase of water and radiators would probably help balance out the weight of the v6. It would also just increase the amount of water in the overall system. And it would also create less resistance for the waterpump.

I mean yes, we could just buy a bigger radiator, or an aftermarket one, but those mk1 rads are usually pretty cheap.

Zip
26-12-2007, 05:40
Someone here uses 2 oil/trasmission(i forget what ones) coolers :)

snowtigger
26-12-2007, 10:47
Personaly I get mine records with 4 cores when I'm uprating an engine for improved reliability.

Whore of Babylon
27-12-2007, 04:08
Im pretty sure the V6's are lighter to begin with, so if anything you dont want more weight in the front. i deff. know the 3SGTE is heavyer than the 3VZFE and 1MZFE. 3rd party radiators are very cheap atm so prob best to buy one thick one.

Jiff Lemon
27-12-2007, 09:26
standard rad is more than man enough for the job. You gotta remember that because of the position of the engine, you get an increase in the amount of coolant you've got.