PDA

View Full Version : Power FC mapped!

Murf
06-12-2007, 22:43
Got my power fc mapped yesterday, despite the pouring rain!
Big thanks to Ryan from 2BarTuning, nice guy and great at mapping!!
End results were amazing, the car feels great and should be better on fuel when cruising!
Its almost maxing the injectors at 1.1bar so i have to run it at 0.9 bar till i get the fuel system uprated. We also discovered it has uprated cams, you can hear it change note as the revs go past 6k rpm and the fuelling was leaning out at the top end instead of going rich. Possibly more internal mods but we're not sure, its a great engine though!!
Heres a graph from the FC Datalogit, 60 MPH to 120 MPH in 4th gear in 4.5 secs, not bad :)
Not been on the rollers yet by Ryan estimated around 300BHP at the flywheel!

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/12/99.jpg

Paul Woods
07-12-2007, 06:50
nice one murf! free uprated cams and stuff with that engine eh! u lucky bugger

millentubby
07-12-2007, 08:42
60 -> 120mph in 4.5 seconds?!

That's freakin fast Murf!

Cams and possibly uprated internals too! Kinder Surprise!

welsha
07-12-2007, 12:00
on reflection are we talking mph here cause that time is stonking, I mean really really stonking. That's like 13mph a second and er well that's gonna take more than 300flywheel brake. Sorry if I'm wrong but kph would make a lot more number sense > runs off and hides in a dark corner:hidesbehi

rattymr2
07-12-2007, 12:39
try driving a petrol turbo car at 60KMH in 4th and put your foot down. it'll be more like 4 minutes to hit 100 KMH not 4 secs.

Murf
07-12-2007, 17:38
i did wonder myself but if the speed is in kph then the water temp would be in fahrenheit and that would be a pretty low temp for a car on full boost! Plus i remember seeing 120 on the speedo,on my private test track of course!Seems unreal to me too but the raw data cant lie,surely?

leeman
07-12-2007, 19:56
Wow, 60-120 in 4.5 is quite hard to believe although I am sure sure the car is VERY fast all the same. My only yardstick is a video I have of my friend's Cobra (1000 kgs, 400 bhp, 440 lb/ft) and he goes through the gears 80-120 and it takes about 4.5 seconds.

welsha
07-12-2007, 20:47
i think a Japanese ecu would read in km/h but also degC?? It's still a hugely fast car lol

Ryan.g
07-12-2007, 22:39
Hey Paul

Glad your happy mate. Was great day.

Look forward to catching up soon when you have a walbro etc fitted.

I cant say for certain it has cams but by the way the car responded later in the rpm range and the injector duty it is using shows it's eating alot of air after 5k.

Ryan

millentubby
08-12-2007, 22:17
i think a Japanese ecu would read in km/h but also degC?? It's still a hugely fast car lol

Agreed. - Fahrenheit is for really old people.

Apparently Kelvin is all the rage these days :thumbsup:

You've got to plonk that on the RR soon Murf.

And I'm working on getting some software for my PDA for GPS data logging etc...might prove to be interesting!

How was the recording equipment measuring the speed Murf?

Murf
10-12-2007, 18:44
Agreed. - Fahrenheit is for really old people.

Hey, leave Welsha alone ;)

I'll be getting it dyno'd at the next RR meet so we'll find out for sure then. I dont fancy doing that sort of speed again to find out!!
Stick some ice cubes in the chargecooler and wind some people up about it being a supermod!! :)
Ryan, thanks for everything, i'll see you for a remap when i make a few upgrades :)
Colin, the data is straight from the ECU and logged by a power fc datalogit.