View Full Version : How much power on stock internals?

Gary Symons
20-11-2007, 07:01
As I am currently sat at the bottom of the TB Timeslips list my thoughts turned to what I could do about it and JAE next year ;) .

How much could I safely get out of the rev1 stock internals before I need to go forged?

Also I have read a little on here about larger injectors, something I know very little about, would this require a standalone ecu to drive them or would the stock ecu be happy?

Any guides kicking around for building a high HP 3SGTE? all I can find on the web is people writing about what they had payed to have done, not done themselves so not particularly useful for a DIY project.

Ta muchly.

Sponge Bob
20-11-2007, 10:43
I thought 300 was about the limit - there's some pretty serious guides on the 3S-GTE - you can find them from google by just tapping in 3SGTE IIRC.

Gary Symons
20-11-2007, 11:18
I thought 300 was about the limit - there's some pretty serious guides on the 3S-GTE - you can find them from google by just tapping in 3SGTE IIRC.

I wonder if 300 will be enough ;) lol . Sounds like I need to do a bit more googling, didnt find much on the web at the weekend.

Gary Symons
20-11-2007, 13:15
Dont know how I missed this one before, some good reading here:
http://www.mrcontrols.com/primers/power.htm