View Full Version : 4 wire O2 sensor conversion.. ??

Vtech
19-11-2007, 04:50
Good day, I've been reading up from here for a year or so and was wondering if anyone has done a 4 wire conversion for the O-2 sensor in the manifold.
I did one on a prelude quite a few years ago but don't like wiring at all.. and didn't keep the diagram. In addition, I'm in the states if that matters.

It's jsut that when I get my 85 2 warmed up and idling, it just smells rich more than i would think. (not that I get off on smelling the exhaust mind you). And it just makes sense that it would help.

I'd appreciate any good input. Errol

Paul Woods
19-11-2007, 07:20
you mean wiring a toyota 4 wire sensor onto a single wire car? or are you putting a universal 4 wire sensor onto a single sensored car?

either way i can help, the four wires consist of two earths,a live and a signal wire.... if its a toyota 4 wire sensor you are using then two of the wires will be black,this is for the heater circuit,just wire one to 12v ign and the other to earth...then you are left with a blue wire,which is signal,connect that to your black single wire sensor feed...the last one is white,which is earth for the sensor itself.

Here is a diagram that shows how to wire a universal 4 wire sensor as well,it also shows the toyota codes ive listed above... hope this helps

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/11/118.jpg