PDA

View Full Version : aw11 4agze with turbo 20valve?

Racebreed
11-11-2007, 17:37
been discussed many times but please humour me

get a 4agze block which has got the squirters and lower compression £how much?

get 20 valve head £how much is it worth it?

do they bolt together? which sump do they use and do they bolt up to the mk1 gearbox?

use after market ecu like mega squirt or emanage with maybe T28

what sort of power are you looking at with support mods?

just exploring options as ive got a perfectly good 4age which i could use but not sure how good they are on boost :D

sorry if my questions are silly

Paul Woods
11-11-2007, 17:41
you'd be much better off sticking a 3s-gte or v6 in it matey...more bang for your buck.

Jim-SR
11-11-2007, 18:01
i think there are some issues with the alignment of the oil drains on the 20V head with 16V block. however that is easily solved by running an external drain

the other issue is with the pistons, and valve clearance. you can buy forged 20V turbo pistons though, ive seen them on ebay several times, which would solve that problem for about £300

the 20V heads seem to go for about £60-100, and a 4A-GZE bottom end would probably cost £200

a 20V turbo could easily make 250bhp if done properly, and that would be fairly comfortable and perfectly useable on the street. 250-400bhp isnt out of the question, but at a lot more expense and effort

but as Paul says, a 3S-GTE would cost less, give better performance, and be a hell of a lot easier! the weight penalty isnt massive, so IMO its just the better choice

OlberJ
11-11-2007, 19:29
you'd be much better off sticking a 3s-gte or v6 in it matey...more bang for your buck.

Wrong forum, right answer lol

superchargedsam
11-11-2007, 21:10
does the 20v not run oil squirters and if not cant these be added? there is a rotrex supercharged 20v engine in a raw striker kit car! why would u want to use the AGZE block why not just use a complete 20v engine and pop in some GZE pistons they are only about £30 a piece.