PDA

View Full Version : 1.5 and 1.6 cost

Racebreed
07-11-2007, 21:54
say i wanted to put either in stock which one is funadmentally more expensive and more difficult

thanks

Jiff Lemon
07-11-2007, 21:56
1.6 is definitely more difficult.

Cost? Depends on what you do to the car, but I'd say about the same for both.

snowtigger
07-11-2007, 22:13
thats the big issue if going v6 u have 2 more cylinders and more torque bottom end than 4 pot turbo lighter ? hmmm more complicated plumbing and worrying if its going to keep together next time u boot it up the high street but u have that turbo rush as 230-50 ish ponies kick u down the street i use the old tried and tested maxim u pays ur money u gets your choice how much dosh are u willing to part with.also before souping up engines and transmissions look at how u brake and suspension first cause if standard cars brakes are used some thing that produces 130 ish horse power and struggles to stop is going to be a hand full .with twice maybe three times as much hp it will be down right dangerous.

Racebreed
07-11-2007, 22:55
thats the big issue if going v6 u have 2 more cylinders and more torque bottom end than 4 pot turbo lighter ? hmmm more complicated plumbing and worrying if its going to keep together next time u boot it up the high street but u have that turbo rush as 230-50 ish ponies kick u down the street i use the old tried and tested maxim u pays ur money u gets your choice how much dosh are u willing to part with.also before souping up engines and transmissions look at how u brake and suspension first cause if standard cars brakes are used some thing that produces 130 ish horse power and struggles to stop is going to be a hand full .with twice maybe three times as much hp it will be down right dangerous.

i take you point about suspension etc but im not an amatuer at this ive been modifying Jap cars for the last 8 years.

i want about 280-300bhp

i would use nitrous on the V6 to acheive this or a custom sc, on the turbo bit more boost exhaust, filter and better cooling to keep it together

i was just wondering running both in stock form which one would be easier to do and worked out more for your money

lodgeman
07-11-2007, 23:21
if you want that sort of power level then the turbo is the easier option. the v6 is in its infancy for tuning mods, therefore more expensive to get the bits whereas the turbo you could just get a rev 3 /hybrid turbo and you are sorted!

snowtigger
07-11-2007, 23:28
i plumped for v6 cause i love the torque curve and hopefully going to turbo it like whoozy later .sc will cost more cause of the rarity of the 1mz sc rare than rocking horse shit and can cost over a grand from the states . looking at 1 maybe 2 grand to spend on engine thats buying flowing heads stage 2 cams and valves rebuilding engine new fidanza flywheel and act 6 puk clutch look at about 600 maybe lower for a camry with v6 then look at how much a crashed turbo mk2 going to cost 750 but u get the gearbox and all ancillaries with that but i would rebuild it for peice of mind also turbos cost u dont know if its been ragged within an inch of its life where as v6 camry is a detuned barge coupled to a slush box so is unlikely to have been hammered round the local race course and there is plenty of milage left on them even after 130 thousand miles if they have been well looked after. carrol shelby once said torque wins races but hp sells cars horses for courses like jiff said they cost about the same just different ways to acheive the performance cmon some one give him the turbo four pot angle .p.s like turbos just dont like picking the bits up after they detonate in a cloud of black smoke.

biteme
08-11-2007, 09:25
V6 is the only way now for me really.

As you say Tigs, the torque curve makes a quick car and a highly driveable one!