View Full Version : Any more progress on mk1.5 mounts for sale?

risingsun
25-10-2007, 09:51
I had read somewhere that someone would be making these and selling them, any more news?

Cheers!

Marksman
25-10-2007, 16:31
I had read somewhere that someone would be making these and selling them, any more news?

Cheers!

Yup, they will be ready to ship on Monday :jump:

Cheers,

Owen.

risingsun
28-10-2007, 12:04
Woohoo...let me know a price when you can.

Marksman
28-10-2007, 12:24
Woohoo...let me know a price when you can.

Will do Mr. RisingSun sir. :thumbsup:

Price depends on how much I'll be charged for the plate which should be finalised on Monday.

Cheers,

Owen.

Marksman
31-10-2007, 22:17
Right-ho folks, at last we have mounts for sale :jump:

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2006/07/100.jpg

There'll be a proper introduction to SWAT in a separate thread but as the request was for mounts this seemed to be a good place to start.

The mounts are cut from 5mm mild steel plate and then cleaned back to bare metal. Then two coats of weld through primer are used so these will be ready to weld straight into your car.

Price is £20 + p&p. They will be available to buy through the club shop in a couple of days time but if anyone needs a set before then please PM either myself, Paff or Podge.

There will be a torque mount building service to follow and a similar set of chassis mount plates for the 1.6 conversion.

Cheers,

The SWAT team.

OlberJ
31-10-2007, 22:23
:thumbsup:

We paid £30 IIRC to have them cut to shape from a blacksmiths up here so that's a bargain for properly shaped and pre-drilled/primered mounts.

These look better shaped than the cut-outs on the downloads section. Nice juan.

OlberJ
31-10-2007, 22:24
Oh and S.W.A.T.

South Wales Angling Team?

millentubby
31-10-2007, 22:33
I'll have a set for a v6 mk1 puhleeeese :)

Garbe
31-10-2007, 23:40
It things like this i like to see - all going to make swaps easier and at 20 quid damn fine bargain.
More products to follow?

OlberJ
31-10-2007, 23:49
Sheep Worn As Trousers?

Marksman
31-10-2007, 23:58
I'll have a set for a v6 mk1 puhleeeese :)

All in good time mate, when do you need them? We also need a bit of standardisation of the V6 as the South Wales version doesn't place the engine in exactly the same place as the Woodsport one, and doesn't currently use the 4V6 mount. If we can knock up some templates between us then it's plain sailing from then on :thumbsup:

It things like this i like to see - all going to make swaps easier and at 20 quid damn fine bargain.
More products to follow?
Thanks, comments like this make the effort worthwhile :thumbsup: More products? Hell yes! Some rather more exotic ones than just mild steel mounts too :whistle: though we're starting this venture without financing so it's a case of rolling sales revenue back into better facilities. SWAT will grow into something interesting though. We'll have our own forum soon too so we'll be able to discuss future products or any special requests.

Oh I forgot to mention, a percentage of all SWAT sales will be donated to TB so hopefully there'll be benefits all round.

Cheers,

Owen.

snowtigger
31-10-2007, 23:59
shit were at tameside.stupid welsh acrobatic team.stop welding all twos.scotland wales and totherone .shit wielding at twos .start wielding at time. stupid wide angle toyota.

OlberJ
01-11-2007, 00:01
Good lads.

Some Women, All Transvestites

Paff
01-11-2007, 00:04
Got it in one Olber. SWAT is an acronym for something altho you can all decide on your own versions if ya like. The templates were developed around the ones in the downloads section but some effort has gone into them to make them as you see there.

Colin, V6 ones will be made avaliable, how soon you after them as am prob gonna take my engine out to make the templates first off so not gona be immediate (well not tomorrow anyway :) )

Garbe, there are many more things to follow altho that will be for the introducing ourselves thread, however the products will be announced as they develop and will be tested first hand on our cars before released properly so we know we can offer quality items.

Watch this space as we develop more items suitable for the mr2 market (including things that might help lighten the cars a little more :) )

Garbe
01-11-2007, 00:12
Good luck with the venture and to keeping within the TB spirit :thumbsup:

Marksman
01-11-2007, 00:17
Much obliged,

Owen.

Paff
01-11-2007, 00:22
If it wasn't for TB we wouldn't have gone this far so giving back to the community is the best way to say thanks for taking over my life :)

TB rules.

And I'm sure Owen will join me in saying......

its bin wicked bra. we is just appy to b able to give summat back to all the peeps keeping it real out there.

Safe.

podge
01-11-2007, 00:25
cheers fellas thanks for the kind words :thumbsup:

Marksman
01-11-2007, 00:26
And I'm sure Owen will join me in saying......

its bin wicked bra. we is just appy to b able to give summat back to all the peeps keeping it real out there.

Safe.
Oh do shut the fuck up you muppet!

If a mate is a "bra", does that make a really special mate a "wonderbra"?

O.S.

Paff
01-11-2007, 00:29
nope that just makes them a sorted bra :)

You know you love these Welsh vallyisms :)

Marksman
01-11-2007, 00:30
Any danger of getting back on topic?

Nope didn't think so :slap:

O.S.

Paff
01-11-2007, 00:35
Since when has a thread on here ever stayed on topic :).

Anyways, off to bed now.

Catch y'all later on today.

Watch this space, SWAT is on its way guys, first the mount plates, next the world (cue pinky and the brain tune).
:)

millentubby
01-11-2007, 12:09
Colin, V6 ones will be made avaliable, how soon you after them

It's not super-urgent.

Still need to collect all the bits, set the V6 free from the camry, coax the gearbox out of that dark dank mk2 it currently dwells in...then I've still gotta service the v6, perhaps strip + rebuild the g/box and then I'll be needing them!

Do you think they'll be ready to go by the end of november?

If not I my bathroom wall is shared with a blacksmith/fabricator who owes me some favours after covering my mk1 with blue overspray :rant:

Still, if I can support the welsh (I know things are hard for you guys with current price of lamb :blabla: ), TB and save a favour for when its gonna cost more than £20...then I'm in no great rush. :thumbsup:

jasper
01-11-2007, 18:39
Nice one lads :thumbsup:

South
Wales
Arse-bandit
Trio

Marksman
01-11-2007, 23:14
Hokay folks, new thread in the SWAT forum (http://www.forums.twobrutal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58) so please can we retire this one.

Cheers,

Owen.