PDA

View Full Version : Engine mounts

chase_the_apple
24-10-2007, 07:51
Hi guys,

Started my V6 conversion into my 90 Jap turbo.

So far I have purchased the engine and all accessories and harnesses still attached, minus auto trans - going to be E153 anyway

Also stripping out the engine bay of unused items

My question is, with the turbo motor out, I still have the 2 side mounts in the car, but on the engine i have the front and back mounts from the Camry still on the engine. Looks like the mr2 motor was removed from the top previously as where the rear mount attaches to is still in place.

Can't see how the front and back will attach.

Do I need to attach front and rear engine mounts from the NA or Turbo motor to my V6?

Kind of a stupid question, but going through peoples conversion buildups I haven't seen anything about that mentioned.

Edit added: don't wanna open another thread, but i want to keep aircon and power steering in the car, but ditch the 4 channel ABS. Anyone advise against ditching the ABS? Also.... do you guys keep aircon and power steering with your conversions? Thanks

Chase

OlberJ
24-10-2007, 11:26
As for mounts, the front and rear ones bolt onto your gearbox in the same place as they normally would so you keep the turbo front and rear torque mounts (that's what we call them) and bolt them back to your E153 box and your chassis.

HTH,
Olie

Garbe
24-10-2007, 12:29
All the gearbox mounts stay - 3 in total.
The only one that needs the modified carrier from 4V6 is the one on the engine (cambelt end).

chase_the_apple
25-10-2007, 04:07
Thanks guys, just wanted to confirm, because I hadn't seen it mentioned about the front and rear mounts before, I made sure I had them included with the V6.

But now I will just take them off the V6

Expect a lot of obvious questions from me haha I just like to confirm things 100% before i throw stuff out

Thanks guys

Chase