Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: TB V6 engine/gearbox removal dolly

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2

TB V6 engine/gearbox removal dolly

A contraption i designed and built back in 2006, this was way before my new garage with 2 post lifts, i was pretty much working in a single unit on the floor. So i made this dolly to securely hold a 3vz/gearbox drivetrain and it has wheels on it which allow it to be pushed under the rear of an Mr2, it was also great for removing the old 3s-ge engines. The engine cannot tip over once seated in the frame.

I have had this in storage for the last 6 years and haven't used it since 2007, it's just cluttering up my garage now so i might as well offer it to Big members for their own homebuild use, this would be a brilliant thing for you homebuilders working off the garage floor, no more hazardous dragging engines in or out! This has less than 1" ground clearance and glides along effortlessly fully laden with engine/gearbox on it.

It really does take all of the pain out of removing your old engine and installing the new one.

Hiring the TB engine dolly couldn't be simpler....

1. If you aren't a BIG member of the club, you need to become one, your way of helping our community out.
    2. Get in touch with the previous user of the dolly and arrange your own courier or collect in person.
    3. Use it and keep in safe storage for the next user.

It is currently in my possession, if you want it get in touch below, thanks!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

this would of have been perfect but the rear end of my mr2 is hanging out over my gravel drive :(

you know, this couldn't have come about at a better time.... I think I may well be the first recipient of this!
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Is it possible for some one to draft some CAD plans from this dolly, so those who are not withing a driving distant to rent this unit could build their own?

I could take some good pics and measure everything out for you, it wouldn't be a CAD but good enough to build a working replica.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

How about someone volunteers to make a cad for us? we all put in a fiver and send it to him/ her, then we make the drawing/ cad downloadable.... That way we can all make use of it.... Even the people across the pond.
    Don't shoot the messenger!

Thing is, it doesn't need to be that accurate, it's just some angle iron welded together, i don't see how a CAD file could help you.

Probably a top down pic with some measurements would be close enough for most folks.

C.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    Thing is, it doesn't need to be that accurate, it's just some angle iron welded together, i don't see how a CAD file could help you.
    This might only be my perception, but not every one is such a good builder, has all the space and knowledge to build this. You got swappers and you got builders.

Swapper just do what the green-book/ forum says/ buy parts. Builders go and invent stuff.

So a picture with some measurements might be a reason for people not to try to build this relative simple piece of equipment.
    CAD would help people who can't weld and want a friend/ family to make it for them. No discussions about a CAD, a picture with some measurements gives space for discussion.

A CAD file would make this more accessible for every home swapper, instead of just for every home builder. It might actually make more people take the decisions to start swapping as it will make logistics so much easier.

I would be happy enough just to receive the picture(s) and the measurements, for me it would be enough. I would actually pay for a DIY kit with all prefab parts so I can let someone else weld it for me.

Btw, would it fit a 2gr with the E153.
    Don't shoot the messenger!

I can do a CAD drawing if Paul provides a dimensioned picture... how's that for an offer?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast