Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: My mk3 2gr build

The stock rad will go into melt down with a 3vz never mind a 2gr so uprating the rad is a must.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    What are you using for Evap then? I don't see any breather system on your tank? If you don't provide a way for it to breathe it will vapour lock (suck itself into vacuum).

Just uncap the fitting on the tank, run the line to the stock Mk3 cannister and from there to the 2gr Evap valve.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

I see a sensor on some of the evap system (VSV, VSV purge, etc) and I don’t think I have the knowledge to wire them for the vipec. I was going to run the 1zz ecm and vipec but now decided to run only the vipec.
    I wasn’t aware I needed to run a vent. Well it be ok if I connect one of these. I disconnect one and blew in one of them and there seems to be a small one way valve inside.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Just have the original Mk3 charcoal cannister plumbed to the tank permanently with no VSV control on it and plumb it to the plenum, or vent to atmosphere...... either way you cannot leave the tank sealed, it will cause a problem.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

I am going to just vent it. Thanks Paul.

Got the axle finish.

Plug the a/c lines. The spyder a/c connectors works for the 2gr. Just have to trim the inside part. I think you can use the spyder lines cutting the rubber lines and attach it again. Stock rubber hose are too long. Should be fairly simple (tool ranging from $250-$1000+). Depends on which a/c you get tho. I thought I had a sienna like my harness but it had a different plug which worked with the spyder plug. Still not sure from which car/year.

Reroute the lines for the passenger abs sensor and tail light (I think, been too long since I took it apart) through the antenna cable. I'm using the passenger harness hole for the vipec. Cleaner I think.

Alright Gouky's 2gr header. Had to cut and make room for it. It barely touched the firewall. Had to redrop the engine and make room. I thought I was going to lose two days but dropped the motor, cut, weld, prime (paint brush), reinstall the motor, finish fuel lines to motor, radiator hose (pulley side have to wait on a 90* fitting, poor est.) today plus watch my two boys (1 and 3 year old) while my wife went to work. Good day over all but not in time to get it running by Saturday for the mr2 meet I think (still have crossmember to finish, a few wires to attach to the body, find all the little pieces around the house/garage, make the mid pipe and exhaust).

I thought and really hoped that I would clear by a 1/4" on the header. My brother was like make new engine brackets, nope!

I'm still wrenching by hand. Could use a compressor.

All the oil in the picture is because I busted the seal on the slave cylinder pressurizing the system (I was pumping like crazy!!!). Once I figured it out it was a simple job. IIRC the mk2 wasn't anything like this.

Hows how it's looking right now. Got minor stuff to finish but 10 minor equals quite a bit.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast