Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Oh go on then.. I'll have a crack at a V8!!

Did you see the sard mk2 go up for auction in Japan had pics of underneath all the suspension and drive train £18 thou or 3.3 million yen.

I did mike it was in the imoc thread. Nice bit of kit but ill stick to coveting a 911

Customer I work for just bought a carrera gt4 convertible new model he's started selling Porsches, I wouldn't mind a red turbo 1985 convertible with wide arches with white leather and red piping the ultimate yuppy car says i, he says when you have the money I know we're that exact model is helps being northwest Porsche chairman as a customer lol

$_1.JPG

This is beautiful id take the same era turbo if i had loads of money.

3474882f7381.jpg

Realistically ill end up going for a 996 c4s. 4wd is necessary round here in the winter and i can't afford a 17k car that's only useable 6-7 months of the year

996 are ridiculously cheap according to my customer it's what he buys sorts and sells, that bottom pic looks like his garage he has a gt4 gt3 two 996 convertible an rsr the very lite one with the green scaffolding inside he's just spent 6k on new turbos and inconel manifolds and titanium exhaust all specially coated in some weird and wonderfull coating to increase flow and decrease heat, all to go round the Nurburgring.

What happened to this?

I think he shelved it due to other commitments.

Would love to see it finished someday.

C.

I've found his pictures of what a stripped/chopped shell looks like very helpful, the 1UZ is a longer engine than the LS3 and he seems to have quite a bit of space between bulk heads.

Hope he does finish it, to many V8 projects never get finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Nod View Post
    Hope he does finish it, too many V8 projects never get finished.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Some people simply bite off more than they can chew, life gets in the way or they just lose interest with the enormity of the task.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here