1234511 ...

thread: My Mk2 2gr SC project

Mar 2005
    Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2

My Mk2 2gr SC project

The Mk1 2gr SC is gone now, so to replace that i'm taking a Mk2 to the same extreme, possibly beyond, hard to say where it will end up really.

You may or may not know i have a brand new Lotus Evora S engine/supercharger sat ready to go....

And i've just secured this mint Rev5...

Hate the wheels so they'll be going up for sale, but otherwise a pretty mint example, i've owned a fair few Mk2s in my time but i think this could well be the best one.

Scion TC 6 speed gearbox is on order from the US, same box i used in the Mk1 2gr, not as long geared as the EA61 but much lighter and newer. Everything on this car will be new to match the engine etc, so i'm going for new KYB shocks/springs (no more coilovers for me) , full polybush, shot/powdercoat everything.... you know the drill by now.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Mar 2012
    Rotherhithe
    what ECU do you get for that setup ? Lotus one, AEM or toyota ?

Mar 2005
    Having the supercharger and blue Evora S injectors means i'll be using the Evora S ECU.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Nov 2005
    Liverpool/Manchester
    Having had a go in Chris's 2GR Mk2 this weekend I think a Mk2 2gr supercharger will take it from fast to epic fast! Love it

Jun 2007
    You may or may not know i have a brand new Lotus Evora S engine/supercharger sat ready to go....
    Everyone know you have a spanky new evora s engine you spawny git!

Mar 2005
    Yeah i think i've had my quota of luck for the year!

Jun 2007
    Send some my way will ya!

Nov 2008
    London
    ........so i'm going for new KYB shocks/springs (no more coilovers for me) , full polybush, shot/powdercoat everything, sell it!!!.... you know the drill by now.
    :thumbsup:

That really is a mint example Paul and that 2GR and supercharger are the ultimate any owner could want. Looking forward to seeing this once it's done.

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

Mar 2005
    Thanks John, should be stonking.

As of tonight i am a Mk2 owner again..... Mk1s are shit, that is all :)

Oct 2013
    Doncaster
    Thanks John, should be stonking.

As of tonight i am a Mk2 owner again..... Mk1s are shit, that is all :)
    Methinks Northern Man speaks with forked tongue - you'll always be a Mk1 junkie!image.jpg

1234511 ...

•