Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Configuration Resistors on 3VZ-FE ECU

If these will help

Oooh look, all three resistors in the right hand locations

Did the car that came from have an EGR system do you know?

Thinking about the 3rd resistor and just guessing but how about a fudge factor for converting between mph and kph for different countries, or is that more likely to be handled in the instrument cluster? So maybe speed limiter, or fuel type selection instead?

Cheers,

Owen.
    Last edited by Marksman; 14-05-2009 at 07:05.

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Interesting find for sure, also on the MT ecu two of the resistors are in different positions to the AT one, which would probably mean you are correct about their function.However (there's always one isn't there!) , i don't think the Mr2 Sp1 signal will work on either AT or MT ecu's (different from camry signal) so i think it will still throw a code 42, but it would certainly be interesting to try!

The one thing this might be useful for is an electrical fix for the v6 stall issue rather than the pocvip mod, excellent work :thumbsup:

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeD View Post
    If these will help
    Cool, thanks, definitely looks like the same PCB but with different options fitted! The top right half of the PCB is where the A/T 42 pin CPU is normally fitted, it looks like it hasn't been fitted along with a load of other components.

Any chance you could take a picture of the other side of the PCB, especially of the 64 pin processor? I'd be interested to see if the markings on the chip are the same as those on an A/T ECU.

Cheers,
    Jon

Very interesting idea. Look promising as well.
    My 92 A/T with EGR ECU has the same Right, Left, Left arrangement.

Cool stuff! I wish i had the testicular fortitude (and the knowledge LOL) to f**k around with this sort of stuff!

Does this void my warranty?

"Did the car that came from have an EGR system do you know?"

Unfortunately, removed this 2 years ago - don't know, but do remember that it looked like a normal Canadian car with 300,00+ K's on it.

Those latest photos look like a completely different ECU. What's going on here?

The "latest" photos are of the other board in the ECU (the "main" one, with the connectors to the outside world on it).
    The later, more sophisticated Toyota ECU's "ran out of space" for one PCB...!

For what its worth, the 3VZ ECU I have here (from a Lexus / Auto: part # 89661-33580) have the 3 resistors the OTHER side..!? (R752, 754 and 756 populated: opposite to ThreeD's)

I also notice that on the main board I also have D207 and 208 ("outside" the loom connector)......?

My processor # is D151804-3670.

I'll be looking at this ECU a lot more closely in the near future........!

Is there by any chance a site on the WWW that has descriptions of what the custom Denso IC's do....?

...Just a long shot...! rotflmao

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast