Thread: transmission question... mine has a hole in it? why? what?

transmission question... mine has a hole in it? why? what?

Slide1.JPGHello Paul,

It is me again, Jeff in Houston TX. I am just about ready to move my 99 Avalon engine to the garage where we are fabricating (cutting the crap out of) the rear of our MR2 to fit and mount the engine. I have a question regarding the 91 Turbo E-153 Transmission mounted to the engine.
    There is a large hole in the side (see pics.) what goes in here? Please do not tell me it is a viewing port, place for my wanker, or some other oddity. I need your help again and appreciate your past advise. I will send you a final pic. when we get it into the MR2.

Also what is the Blue ring on the inside?

Thanks again, Jeff L.

Quote Originally Posted by jjluns View Post
    Slide1.JPG Please do not tell me it is a viewing port, place for my wanker, or some other oddity.
    Lol, what do you want us to tell you it is then?

My guess is the speedo take off. The blue stuff is a mystery. Someone with infinitely more knowledge can clear it up though.

Looks like package banding. Tried pulling it out incase it's something that's fallen in there?

Speedo drive indeed and the blue thing is the gear that drives the speedo drive!
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Thank God for the knowledge it is a speedo hole... Best regards, jjluns in Texas...

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    I think you just found the Higgs Bowson, that's a miniature black hole forming.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Warning Texas we have a problem there's an hole with some thing odd in it?

Er come again can you repeat that last bit you have an ass hole with Some thing odd in it over.

Joking aside the speedo drive hole and drive gear for said speedo, yay what do we win?

I will give you a peek inside the hole... How about for a reward or top prize... Bring your own latex gloves and a flashlight.... Lol