Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how a ct26 does on a quarter ...

Well i've got mine cranked up a little with the charge cooler and it seems to hold what I tell it to fine... there's no mechanical reason why it should drop off surely, unless the actuator just isn't doing it's job at regulating the pressure properly?

It's nice to know that you can still go even faster though with a bit of tweaking Ad!! lol
    Small fonts are for midget baptisms, not signatures!

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bob
    Well i've got mine cranked up a little with the charge cooler and it seems to hold what I tell it to fine... there's no mechanical reason why it should drop off surely, unless the actuator just isn't doing it's job at regulating the pressure properly?

It's nice to know that you can still go even faster though with a bit of tweaking Ad!! lol
    mines drops off to around 0.7-0.8 and i have the charge cooler from the st205, but could be a turbo thats getting a bit out of spec with wear and tear, wasnt there a thread in here not too long ago about it?

will be getting mines rolling road setup once ive bought new dizzy cap, rotor and colder plugs for it

Yeah, but if the turbo's damaged, why would the boost drop off... if there's enough exhaust pressure to overcome the friction of the turbo and spool up to a preset limit - e.g. 15psi, then the actuator will open up and bleed some off, but then it's up to the actuator to reclose and allow it to pick up boost again... so if it's not, then there must be a problem? Or am i looking at it too black & white...?

As the rpm increase the engine uses more air, if the compressor side of the turbo is damaged it may not be able to deliver sufficient volume to maintain the pressure at higher rpm.
    Jimi
    Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

ash.. when i was normal daily driving it would hold a good bar or just under, what to remember chap is i only ever ran it to 5-6krpm at tops on the road in short bursts usually just some overtaking or acceleration. and even at that speed i had no time to look at the clock or be serious and dumb enough to record it on the public highway!. on the drag track i gave it much more than its ever got on the road.. and stu gave it more lol upto and including 8krpm he said.. hence the boost tailing off. i would expect yours to tail off some if you put it down the track.

The MBC is also wholly unreliable , through different gears holds different levels it has a mind of its own, in daily use and recorded runs.

i dare say a charge cooler might have had me a PSI or 2 more with the colder denser turbocharge, you know.. 10.3 psi thats easily beaten...
    Last edited by adamh; 11-10-2007 at 19:04.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Would an electronic boost controller be better at holding boost perhaps?

it will spike less and hold boost at a set level....provided the turbo can provide the amount you have it set to, i get the different boost in different gears as well with my MBC

I've just flogged my AVC-R controller because it was no better than my ball-spring valve... maybe my valve's uncomonly good but it regulates boost perfectly. As stated, the extra features with an electronic controller allow you to reduce boost in certain gears/revs etc :eh: I prefer max boost all the time :twisted: just avoid booting it mid-corner lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12