Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In cylinder vid

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedsam
    AFAIK the white hot state is the one after redhot so is damned hot thats for sure and no idea what temprature this has to be
    .... IIRC about 1200-1300c for white, depending on the composition of the steel (a cast manifold would have melted around 1100). Red hot steel is roughly 700 to 950, then its orange to lemony yellow prior to white hot.
    It's a 2.0 inline four that thinks it's a viper v10. What's not to love?

Quote Originally Posted by FourVeeSix
    I dont think its real. Look at the spark. Its like its being run off Ac current with a nice long arc duration. I dont think the ecu fires the ignition in that fashion....although i could be wrong, just looks iffy. :)
    I think this is some kind of demo. Also, wheres the light source coming from?
    Still, a good representation of events.:thumbsup:

Bob regarding the metal going see though; It goes like frosted glass a little so you can see through it but not in any real detail.

id say the duration is fine, think about the contact area on a rotor arm passing the contact pin in a distrubutor cap, it will spark all the way through that, remember this is a very very slowed down version of the cycle compared to how the pistons would be running at idle or even at 7000+rpm

and as for light source its probably coming from the borescope that the camera is attached to
    Last edited by weegaz22; 03-10-2007 at 18:55.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12