Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: intercooler location

intercooler location

i am going for a boot mounted intercooler, drawing air from below, but isnt the exhaust right below? so drawing in hot air when still?

or am i better going for a scoop onto under the spoiler?

what are you guys doing?

Also not planning on cutting into the boot for manifold clearance, has anyone else done this or has everyone cut it away?

i chopped my boot away, it made putting the inlet manifold back on real easy, and getting to the engine mount on the cam side to tack it manage-able, its good for access.
    im boot mounting my ic with a chopped floor and mk1b side vent on top. if a siingle pipe exit exhaust turns up i'll mount the back box on the left side, and make a duct for the right. if a twin exit turns up.. i'll run a tin-bashed scoop through the chopped rear wall into the bay.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

was thinking about about putting a vent in side behind wheel arch and venting down through the floor? but my problem is time only got a couple of week s at most in workshop

so think i will have to do in through floor and out of back part of the boot, through holes where it normally says mr2 on bootlid

in that case, check up on podges venting system.. quit ingenious and no hacking up of the boot visible

Took some pics today at Gareth's. This is my intercooler.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    holy crap sooty! im liking that!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

same cooler as mine thier huge aint they me like

"A tattoo is an artificial pigmentation of the skin performed by a prick with a needle" .. sailor jerry Hawaii 1973

It's not quite as long as yours podge, only a 450mm long core but it's turned out to be better as a 600mm one would not allow me to be able to install the fan while the cooler is bolted in place. Just got to make an elbow for the n/s now and fit another extraction tube.

nice beer chiller

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast