Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: weight of mk1 with v6

...not sure if this is a joke, but the plan is to remove the 4AGE first!

weight of mk1 with v6

Woooo he's a sharp one that one.

haha..i thought it was funny..

You're supposed to let the fat barsteward out off the passenger seat as well, if I weigh 21stone how heavy is that going to add to the weight of the mk1?

+300Lbs.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

I thought i had posted in this thread before a long time back but i cant see it here, must have been somewhere else. When i weighed my car (mk1a sunroof model, 1mz, approx 1/4 tank fuel from memory) it came in at 1060kg. Looking at the weights here i cant see how they can be so different, maybe i should take it somewhere else to double check. Ive since added a small amount of weight with larger brakes and 15" wheels, but am also shedding some with some work on the engine and other bits. Im intruiged to check it again when its back on the road now

i weighed my mk1 a today on a weigh bridge. it's a sunroof model and all it has extra body wise is chunky 7.5 x 16 alloys. it has a 3vzfe and an s54 but a very large turbo backbox which probably weighs 20kg! it was full of fuel (+35kg) with no driver and no spare wheel = 1135kg
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

i must get my beast weighed to find out how heavy it is then we can compare the 3vzfe is the most heavy of the v6 but i do have the turbo box and shafts so what i loose in engine i gain in gearbox so this should be interesting.

When I started the How FAT is your engine thread in the mk2 section looking at pwer & torque to weight (mk2), Paul quoted me the following weights for engines -

3sge 138 kgs wet rev3 147kgs wet
    1mz-fe 153kgs wet
    3vz-fe 164kgs wet
    2gr-fe 172kgs wet

E153 gearbox 59 kgs dry 60.5kgs wet
    S54 gearbox 54 kgs dry 55.5kgs wet

3s-gte rev1/2 173 kgs wet
    3s-gte rev3 178 kgs wet
    3s-gte rev3 with st205 chargecooler 185kgs wet

Audi AHC 4.2 ltr 179kgs wet

So how much heavier is a mk1b that a mk1a? I have a mk1b with sunroof.

Some things i have done to save weight are reduce battery size, (approx half the weight of a regular small size one), cut out where battery used to sit, (i know hardly worth it). Taken out the a/c including the piping all the way to the front along with the heat exchanger (not very clever for western Australia climate) but in the UK surely a plausible option, and replaced teardrop wheels with 15x7 motegi wheels 4.7kg each, probably the biggest saver there.
    However a 3sge with turbo box has probably put it back over standard weight slightly i would guess.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast