Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: weight of mk1 with v6

Did you get around to weighing it adam?

Thread revival. I weighed my car today and was horrified at the number I saw. Until I came back and saw the first post on this thread.

That translates to 1206kg. This was with about 3/4 tank of gas, all my tools, jack, jackstands in the frunk, and some stuff in the trunk.

i'm intrigued to weigh mine when it is done with a 3vz, i never got round to weighing the other one. you could drop some weight if you wanted, going for it?.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Interesting - thanks for the info.

Not a bad result but heavier than I'd hoped for as I'd always thought the 2GR-FE was likely to be 50kgs+ heavier than a 1MZ-FE AW11. Still anything under or around ~1250kgs isn't stupidly heavy. If I wanted flyweight, I could have bought an Elise or a Caterham :)

From the weights of the v6 dm the 2gr is the lightest of the bunch, there was a post up of the weights of the v6s but I can't find it, was talking to various people and the concensus was the plastic manifold helps along with a lot of the ancillary components plus there will be a weight saving with ours as we don't have all the ac gubins that some mk1b's have or that were fitted to the 2grs and don't forget those cast exhaust manifolds with cats in we don't have as well cause we have goukys beautifull headers that lot should be a major weight saving.

Get yours weighed and we can compare then.

That got revoked am afraid Tiggs, on the OC.com i seem to remember it is 1MZ, 2GR, 3VZ for weight.

It's on elliotcars 2GR thread am pretty sure.

Getting them weighed in full dress though, it's the way forward :)

Well, the car is fully equipped. Only thing missing is the AC compressor and the hardlines. The dryer and condenser are still intact, which needs to be fixed immediately. :) Power windows, power locks, sunroof, blah blah blah.

weight of mk1 with v6

Even if it's lighter than a 3vz it's got a 100bhp more in standard trim any way so it's better than a 3vz or 1mz power to weight ratio wise plus diran and me have mk1a so even liter than mk1b only the mk3 is as lite 970kg but I would rather have a boot and frunk space than a cubby hole/toothbrush holder like a mk3 but saying that a 2gr mk3 would be an awesome machine if only it looked like a mk1 sigh.

I know its a bit off V6 topic but can anyone hazard a guess at how much a Mk1b with 2zzge would be?

at a guess with a 2zz-ge being 115kg (dry) and a mk1b being anything around 1100kg then somewhere in the region of 1215kg..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast