Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: weight of mk1 with v6

weight of mk1 with v6

taken from aek thread - just to let everyone know. aek's car is heavily modded and body kitted!!!!!!

I have also had the car on weight: Front 500kg. Back 690kg. Total 1190kg. 190kg more than standar mk1, but its 40kg lighter than the 3sge version (in my mk1.)

not as bad as everyone thought eh?:hand:

Aye, sunroof model is 1050kg, no? That's top news!

Could this become THE most quoted line ever? lol

Well, that is good news for V6 owners but I'm a little miffed at the 3sge being 250 kgs over standard being as that's what I'm putting in! Also means a turbo has gotta be at least 300kgs extra... maybe more if AEK used the S54 gearbox. Christ

aek has the s54 box yes. My mk2 gained somewhere between 20 and 40 kgs when i went from 3sge to 3vzfe, so i think it's a little confusing with the weight loss

very strange. Mine with the 3sgte is only 1068.5kg

His front weight bias is 42% and mine is 43%, so not a lot of difference there, seems to just be heavier right across the board?

So whats the weight of a standed NA MR2?
    Also a Supercharged one

Im lazy and dont like maths lol

dont forget aek has a lot of different parts and set up on this car . small front mounted fuel tank,front exit exhausts,mk2 rear crossmember and mk2 running gear all round, plus the hand made bodykit! so i would expect it to be different from normal mk1's

I realise his car maybe heavier but what surprised me is how much heavier a 3SGE is than the V6! I feel gutted about my choice already :(

i'll do mine tommorow on the weigh bridge at work, expecting lots lol
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Aye that'll be all that filler Adam :whistle:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast