Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picked up engine, transmission, harness, etc.

Picked up engine, transmission, harness, etc.

Went to the junkyard yesterday and pulled the engine, transmission, wiring harness, y-pipe, gauge cluster, and axles from a 92 Camry yesterday. A few friends and myself pulled everything in just over an hour.

Sorry for the blurry pictures. I can't find my tripod.

engine/manual transmission 1

engine/manual transmission 2

various bits: y-pipe, AFM, airbox, engine cover, gauge cluster, etc.

I know I have to remove the power steering components. Do I relocate the alternator there for the MR2? I bought an engine stand today, and the engine will be going onto it to be rebuilt/cleaned soon.

Can't wait!

Did you get the stuff behind the dashboard - ECU is stashed there I think, or is it some relays...?

How much did that lump set you back?
    Small fonts are for midget baptisms, not signatures!

I got the ECU and everything. I got everything for approximately $250 or 124£.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    bargain! did you get the 4th ecu plug thats on the cars harness behind the glovebox? also the acis vacuum cannister located under the battery tray,you need that too.

proper result though fella,looks a clean one too and its manual!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

£124 top hole..!!!!!

Bargaintastic!

Alternator doesn't need to be relocated either, its fine where it is.
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods
    bargain! did you get the 4th ecu plug thats on the cars harness behind the glovebox? also the acis vacuum cannister located under the battery tray,you need that too.

proper result though fella,looks a clean one too and its manual!
    I don't think I got the ACIS canister. Looks like I will be going back to pick that up. Thanks for letting me know. I did get the fourth plug for the ECU though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiff Lemon
    Bargaintastic!

Alternator doesn't need to be relocated either, its fine where it is.
    Thanks!

What about my clutch setup? I will be running the S54 transmission for now (until I can source some turbo hubs, axles, and everything else I need), so could I use the S54 clutch disk and 3VZFE pressure plate?

oooh, no normally we would suggest Tone and his handywork on an N/A flywheel but you got M/T and flywheel alread.

IIRC the M/T on the V6 is an e153 or turbo style box so you will need a mish mash.

Would it not be easier to get a hold of the turbo shafts and Celica GT4 outer CV's to fit your N/A hubs? Or do you have full N/A running gear ATM?

If you're using the S54 box then you are right about the mish mash of friction plate and pressure plate. Can't mind which ones which though.

Yeah, I already have everything I need if I use the N/A transmission.

Good to know about the Celica GT4 though. I will keep that in mind. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast