Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Risingsuns' Swap!

Risingsuns' Swap!

Right, thought i wouold start this thread off as i will hopefully be updating as i go having potentially found my rev2 tubby donor. No doubt i will be asking many of you for help along the way and i will try to post as many pics as i can, although i am not the best at this unlike so many other on here. I just tend to rip things apart an then think 'i ought to have taken a photo of that'.

So will start with a couple of photos from the engine removal and my mate will take some shots of sparks a flyin' as i am cutting out my engine mounts!
    Hope this is entertaining as many of the other threads that are on here about people doing their own swaps.

hitchin huh.. 15 mins from me if you need anything.. im not up there with most guys on here, but i can swing a spanner, and know roughly what im doing with this stuff.. and i can drink tea and tell ya 'its gonna cost' to get the true garage feel.

also, let me know when u get the doner, i could do with having a look over it for some parts! you coming to the bed bucks herts etc meet on tuesday?

erm, didn't know anything about it but i could probably make it, presume there is a thread somewhere?
    Would be good to have someone in the area with some knowledge too so i will no doubt be in touch. Doner car should be a complete rev2 tubby with some decent bits on it too so your welcome to come have a look for some parts!

moved to your new home:thumbsup: liking the obligatory standing in engine bay pic! just remember we love pics!!!!!!!!

exelant.. there was a thread on here, i think.. but its also on mr2oc south east events.. its in hemel hempstead.. theres a fair few people near you on here mate.. you going to the jap fest too.. it just up the road at the pod. there is definately a thread on that on here.. be good to have a look over a scraper.. for all those silly little things i need. hopefully see you tues mate..

Will see if i can make it tues, trying to convince my mate who has mk1 to come too, we will literally be a four mr2 household come tomorrow! two mk1s, one rev2 tubby and one rev3 tubby!!

Should get the numbers up then

Brilliant start Risingsun :thumbsup:

Don't worry about not knowing it all, oddly most people who do this swap are complete novices who just think !I wonder if I can do that?" so dive in and have a go. (Me included.) So anything you're unsure of just ask away.

Happy grinding,

Owen.

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

`whoozy u coming along mate?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast