Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: coilovers! if they work!!!

Hi guys, well I have had a day off and decided to give this conversion a go, so here is the pic of the mocked up final assembly, seat just tacked on for now as wanted to make sure it lined up ok.

It was one hell of a job getting the 20 year od gland nut off, had to heat it with oxg acet in the end....I had to drill out the blue hat a bit but apart from that and a good bit of grinding then it all seemed to go ok.

I am completing it a side at a time so I have th front mocked up as well but I have a question about the below....

The red remnence is some kind of rubber\ foam dust cap for the bearing.... Whats the best option to replace this?
    JFDI

either pack some new grease in, or just buy bearIngs designated '2RS' they will come with rubber shields.
    nice job on the shockers ! i have no problem with them , only a good ride
    . for new bearings just measure the I.D, O.d, and thickness. repost here i'll get you the number if needed. should cost no more than £10-12 / pr
    Last edited by adamh; 07-07-2011 at 22:47.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Thanks Adam, I think the dust shield part number is 90303-22049, seems to be common to the mk2 so I might see if mr T has them in. If not I'll pop up the dims and replace, cheers for the help
    JFDI

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789