Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: coilovers! if they work!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    you can put it at the top, but theres no central column to support the adaptor then and it can "wobble" a bit. plus youve still got to locate it concentrically so need some kind of sleeved locator

it shouldnt be too hard to solve the "problem" of having it at the bottom though :)

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    ah yes good point jim,i forgot about keeping it concentric.... measurements coming tomorrow.

Oh almost forgot,are these springs available in different uncompressed lengths? with my set up fully lowered theres quite a distance between spring top and strut top on full extension.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods
    ah yes good point jim,i forgot about keeping it concentric.... measurements coming tomorrow.

Oh almost forgot,are these springs available in different uncompressed lengths? with my set up fully lowered theres quite a distance between spring top and strut top on full extension.
    yeh they come in different lengths and rates

got closed lengths now, so if you let me know that the dimensions are, il need internal diameter as well, im guessing it will probably be 2.5"

pricing will probably be somewhere around £140 after delivery though, its not as cheap as i thought! the helper springs actually cost almost as much as regular springs, which is a bit mad.

get me the measurements though and il check properly as some springs are cheaper than others

hi jim,the ID is 2.5" as you thought,i need the spring helper to be 80mm long before compression and the height of the flange you asked for is 10mm.... so the compressed helper needs to be 10mm to avoid the adaptor hitting the flange.... can you do anything for me mate?

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

il look into it in the morning and see what works out cheapest whilst still meeting the requirements :)

the springs come in 2" or 4" free length, so 4" will work best and be preloaded 20mm, which makes just about no difference anyway. closed length will need to be 10mm plus the depth of the adaptor which will probably mean 20mm+, and there are plenty of spring options well over 30mm, so theres definitely something that can be used

fantastic jim,4" sounds the boyo to me...whatever you find out would be great

the lowest rate ones that will work are 75lb, and theyll give you more than enough clearance

springs are £25.00 + VAT a piece, the adaptor rings are £11.80 + VAT, plus postage

so if your company is VAT registered it would cost about £160 delivered, otherwise its £183. which is a touch steep really for what they are, but thats the cheapest i can do it through work. if it were my company id slip you a cheeky discount, but i cant really

thats basically more than a set of Eibach main springs cost though, which i think is absolutely insane for some tiny little helpers that basically do nothing! ive had a quick browse around the net and cant really find anything cheaper though, even buying Eibachs from the states works out at about the same price with a direct dollar exchange, add in shipping and import tax and its more.

sorry mate, i thought they were much cheaper than that. the really soft springs are about £10 each, and adaptors about the same (plus VAT), but they compress to something silly like 7.5mm, and you need a minimum of 20mm closed length to avoid the adaptor battering the spring platform all the time

let me know if you want to order some anyway though and il see if i can worm a discount of some sort

cheers for all your help jim,the effort is much appreciated... as you say its just too dear for what they are...we need to find a brutal fix lol

if i get desperate as time goes on though i may have no choice but to buy the little buggers,lets see how it pans out :thumbsup:

il have a think about alternative options as well, if i come up with anything useful il let you know

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast