Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: coilovers! if they work!!!

very interesting - was looking at the stuff available from Rally design. very similar but doesn't come with springs; Any idea what pundage springs you've got Al?
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

blue?........rotflmao

dont know mate! nothing stamped on them - but if i stand on them there is minimal movement!;)

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    those mx5 springs are pretty stiff,ive fitted them to the mx5 for a north east member.....and yes ive worked on something non mr2,there im out!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

I'll let you in on a secret.....i've just bought one for the missus.

Might just get these anyways and see how they are on that 1st. Can't go wrong at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by lodgeman

Quote from guide:
    WARNING! Please ask for professional installation only. :gay:

definitely cut the standard spring platform off of the casing. then just weld these new sleeves on. i wouldnt trust any other method of securing them, springs are powerful things, especially when heavily loaded, and theyll break the sleeve loose if secured in any other way. you should be able to use any universal 2.25" spring now too (not sure what size springs they come with, might be 2" or 2.5", but most likely 2.25") which opens up your spring options considerably :)

Whats the internal diameter of the Mx-5 springs. As I said on IMOC, I have a set of these from ages ago and i'm not sure if they'll fit the mk1 struts

the springs are 2.5" inside diameter, the alloy tubes are 53mm inside diameter and they are 3.5" and 5" in length.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods
    .....and yes ive worked on something non mr2,there im out!
    Crikey - it'll be diesels next :hand:
    '86 Mk1a SC trackday car
    '87 T-Bar SC - now scrapped :icon_cry:
    '00 Frontera 3.2 V6 tow barge

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast