Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: coilovers! if they work!!!

coilovers! if they work!!!

these arrived in the post today!

right now not sure if they will work or not;) but if they do and they work well could be a easier option on this type of suspension. not sure if its been done before but i need some questions answered as i go along;) right first off price ! £ 59.95 +£20 p+p . they are from a mx5 - i have heard these are closest to the mk1. now the alloy sleeve touches on the points of the large shocker nut, should i just take the points off with a grinder?lol

seems to fit over the shocker tube ok and comes with top hats.
    [

there is no fitting instructions with the kit- so a stooopid question is where do you put the different rubber rings that come with it? some are flat and some are round? some pics here in the ebay ad.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=008
    if this works well it could be a cheaper way of lowering the car than expensive springs. on the other hand could be complete crap and i end up buying some anyway :rofl: any help would be appreciated:thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by Ebay advert
    * Aluminum sleeves and dual locking perches, coil springs, centering top hats, spanner wrenches, bag of plastic rings
    So now you know, they're plastic rings. Sounds like they don't know what the hell they are for either rotflmao

Quote Originally Posted by Ebay advert
    * A step by step installation instruction will be included
    Might be worth a to get your copy of these...

...or check that in your haste to look at sniny new parts you didn't notice them in the bottom of the box :hidesbehi

Nice looking widgets though :thumbsup:

Owen.

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

i looked in the box!!!!!!!!:hand: i am a chef you know!!! will email them and see if they have some they can send me;)

The rings go over the head where the strut goes in then the coilover is slided onto it to "lock" it off. It`s instead of welding it to the thing. hehe, not sure i understood that myself thoug.

They look like my groundcontrol ones too. Just mine is gold:) I might have put the rear on the front etc cause the coilovers i`m putting on the front, the rings are too small..

Ooooooh, perfect timing Lodge.

They look the part. Any ideas what the standard length is for an mx5/mk1 and how much adjustment you can get on them?

/goes to actually look at the ebay link...

1-4" that should be plenty. Mx5 sits about as high as the mk1 in standard trim.

Sounds good Lodge :thumbsup:

Very interestin Al do let us know how this works out. How do the spring stiffnesses compare with the originals?

Don\'t look back!

JB 3.0 litre V6 swap complete Undergoing taxiing trials

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    very interested in this one myself al,im guessing you will be fitting the mx5 front ones to the rear and vice versa?

yeah id just grind the corners off the lock nut :thumbsup:

also is the plan to completely remove the spring pan from the originally tube? then weld on a smaller perch of some sort so it looks like a proper coilover? or just leave the spring pan there? just a cosmetic thing i suppose!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

my thinking was - if it works ok , trim the lower spring pan and perhaps make up a piece that either fits over the top of it or just form a lip around the outside somehow? i havent thought that far ahead so far :doh: just wanted to see if they fitted first and got them looking right after!;)

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    not a bad plan,id reinforce the pan if you are cutting it down,couple of triangles placed under the perch welded to the tube would do :thumbsup:

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast