Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: free power upgrades on the 3vzfe

Now I make the reality test on the dyno!

I test first the normal Toyota ACIS setup and then I make a second dyno run with directly to "P" port at the throttle body!
    Here is the very interesting result, black is the normal ACIS line and red is the tuned ACIS:

You can see that the torque curve is broken down between 2750 and 4250rpm up to 20Nm = 15lb/ft with the tuned ACIS!!!
    The other differences are very small.
    Now I think to tune the ACIS is a very bad option perhaps only if you tune up the engine it can be perhaps good to change the ACIS working point, but you must test it on a dyno to find out the best point of working the ACIS.

Superb information there.

We really need to get more of this. Thanks!

I change the information from german to english.

Anyone done the AFM resolution map mod by tapping into the AFM right at the neck?

What do you do with the pipe on the flip side of the AFM piping that goes to the rear bank cam cover? Do you have to tap that into the AFM casing aswell?

this post says clockwise is lean, but lydons topic yesterday says they dyno'd at 6 clicks anti and it ran bit leaner and better power?

Tony said ,on that thread, that his clicks were in the anticlockwise direction as well.

So, which way is it guys?????

Clockwise....you increase the spring resistance.

Bob
    "I Want To Die Young..But When I'm Very Very Old"

That AFM mod sure seems sketcy to me. Just my opinion but when messing with your mixture, there's no safe substitute for a SAFC and time on the dyno.

later ecu

hi, ive recently done a swap and used the later ecu on an early engine, the afm i have has the mod already done(it was 5 clicks), is it still safe to use this as ive been told the later ecus have a leaner map? will it be too lean at the top end?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast