Thread: ST182 caliper problems

Sports Toyota Breakers

ST182 caliper problems

All,

Just a heads-up regarding using these calipers for the 'ST185' single-pot conversion. It appears that not all the ST18x single pots are the same. I refurbed a set from a late JDM ST183 only to find that the carrier fouls on the disc (it does bolt straight up without the disc in the way). The pot does appear to be the ~57mm type but will double check this. The discs & pads are from Keri, so not from the same car unfortunately.

Has anyone else tried their 182/183 setup yet? If you bought yours with discs complete, are the discs slightly smaller?

Anyone got some 185 single pots available, possibly just the carriers needed.

Jon @ STB

i had this problem when i bought some discs from a gt-r celica, the discs are the same size as the mk1b ( which i think is 258mm?)- so not really an upgrade apart from the larger caliper pot.

Sports Toyota Breakers
    That would explain it - cheers Lodgeman. Got a UK ST182 coming Thurs so should be sorted, just more ruddy painting to do

Yup, you have to be specific that its a UK car, as, as you've found out the hard way, some imports have the smaller discs.

Just for info, I fitted my ST182 brake set-up on Sunday there. This was from a 91' UK GTi Celica and all bolted straight up no probs, so can confirm this fits and has exactly the same spec as the ST185 Set-up.....

Not had time to test yet though as I damaged one of the banjo fittings whilst hacksawing off a rounded bolt, D'oh! Goodridge hoses on order.