thread: Wiring the mk2 Rev4- transponder

Aug 2006
    west mids
    thats a good read and very useful if doing a rev4.

My Q is would there be a problem going from rev4 to V6 as this is what I'm doing,Also would it be ok to butcher them items from my loom or would it mess something up and unable me from starting it?
    rev1 tubby conversion ,were art thou my TRD kit?????? oh yeh,its on johny's car hehehehehe,sorry couldn't resist mate.

rev4 2.0 NA,soon to be a V6 beasty.whoopy,and bobs ya uncle

Nov 2006
    Guildford
    :thumbsup: thats excellent paul! we will add that to the knowledge base immediately!
    That reminds me, why don't we have one? It would save a lot of reposting of the same questions over and over again.

Mar 2005
    Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Ah thats the thing pete,TB is one big knowledge base,we have mk1 turbo/v6/mk2v6 tech sections,they are the knowledge base really.

Nuttasie going from rev4 to v6 is a doddle,you dont have to take the transponder out or anything,just wire the v6 in as per the idiots guide and ignore the transponder stuff,just leave it on the car really.Unless someone wants to buy your old rev4 engine and ecu in which case they will need all your transponder gumf,but even if you remove it all from your car your v6 will still wire up as before.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Aug 2006
    west mids
    great stuff,cheers paul.Thats the words I wanted to hear:thumbsup:
    rev1 tubby conversion ,were art thou my TRD kit?????? oh yeh,its on johny's car hehehehehe,sorry couldn't resist mate.

rev4 2.0 NA,soon to be a V6 beasty.whoopy,and bobs ya uncle