Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Slight overheating

That's a strange one Bob - I thought it would leave the tank full just after a run...then as it cools down it'll sook some coolant back out of the expansion tank?

If it's taking coolant out of the expansion when hot then there could be an issue?

When my rad was leaking it was sucking more coolant into the system in out of the expansion tank (not sure if after or during the run) and then it would eventually start sucking air in and giving the symptoms Olie was describing.
    Priorities change, passions do not.

I'll check for leaks and fit that K&N filter off the coupe.

And bleed this bleeding system again.

Is there a valve or bleed point in the frunk under the black plastic tray?

Haven't used that this time, could that be my cause of air nastiness?

Or is it just on the radiator, on the gearbox and the pressure cap?

silly silly sausage!

read the bleeding bleeding guide!

http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/Knowledge_Bas...w/kid=155.html

Radiator, HEATER MATRIX, thermostat housing + Rad cap...

If you're still having problems come along to the RR day at Dastek on the 4th and I'll give you a hand - had to bleed mine a few times before it was happy after putting the new rad on.
    Priorities change, passions do not.

Will have a go tonight :hidesbehi

Got wedding to go to on the 4th, then an all night rave so can't make the RR.

Wedding and rave are not connected. lol

You mean to say you've been filling it up without undoing the two valves at the front of the car... lol

problem solved - you need to allow the air to escape out the front if yr pushing fluid in the back!!!

You need to attach some plastic pipes to these outlets (behind both plastic shrouds, one top right of rad, the other middle of the front bulkhead nearish the clutch cylinder) - then make sure they're open and elevated, and fill 'er up (slowly and gently mind) that way you don't get an air cushion in the rad.

Once it's full you then close the valves and rev it's bollocks off a few times, which forces the air around the system, and re-open the valves, top it off etc - repeat process until done!!
    Small fonts are for midget baptisms, not signatures!

Was doing the rad "pipe" but not the heater matrix. All solved now though and purring like a kitten.

Thank feck it wasn't the HG, av got me MOT this month.

Spoke too soon. Headgasket is well and truly gone.

What will it cost in parts to do the HG? Have a week off work but should only take an afternoon surely.

What will i need, HG, Headbolts, timing belt, owt else?

Cheers,
    A very tired and fecked off Olie.

if its just a plain mk1 engine its ok to re-use the stretch (can hear people crining :mrgreen:) bolts, i did this and they were fine under extreme testing (good thrashing). just a head gasket, cam belt kit i.e; both idler bearings and belt is a good idea of chjanging pulley bearings etc if going to the trouble of changing the belt.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Is there anything i can do for a little extra with the engine? Not gonna spend money on it but a little home brew porting maybe?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast