Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camry Shim Part No

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    also you really need to measure your valve clearances,then measure the current shim thickness and then add or subtract the necessary amount to arrive at your new shim thickness,thats the only way really bud.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods
    also you really need to measure your valve clearances,then measure the current shim thickness and then add or subtract the necessary amount to arrive at your new shim thickness,thats the only way really bud.
    Yes that's exactly what we did and were aiming for bang in the middle of the 10m tolerance which were the sizes in my earlier post, as you say though they seem huge & i don't really know why. Have ordered another micrometer to double check, the one i used was a bit old :)
    If it's not broken, let me have a go !!

Are your feeler gauges ok ? Cant think why you would need them so big , only if you have had new valves or seats fitted or have you had the cams ground ?. All mine are working out at around 2.80 -3.0 mm

Quote Originally Posted by Wombat
    Are your feeler gauges ok ? Cant think why you would need them so big , only if you have had new valves or seats fitted or have you had the cams ground ?. All mine are working out at around 2.80 -3.0 mm
    Brand new set of feeler guages, but yes i had the heads ported & polished & a 3 angle valve re-grind. So perhaps this is what's made the difference ? It's just so frustrating not to be able to get on with the rebuild cos of something so simple ......
    If it's not broken, let me have a go !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12