Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why the 3vz-fe is the best

Yep Paul's right about them alternating pulses. To make it work the two pipes must meet with the same effective length so that the pulses arrive like motorcycle display riders perfectly alternating. I saw one like that on a Lola where the pipes were joined side by side for about 4" and then separated again. Apparently the improved scavenging added 60bhp 10%:-P

Don\'t look back!

JB 3.0 litre V6 swap complete Undergoing taxiing trials

i was thinking something like this-

alter the downpipe by turning one of the pipes around (as per last pic) make that a 2 into 1 and just have either a single flexipipe or a short straight pipe and then back out into 2 again. does that sound about right? thoughts?

paul have you seen the superchager conversion on that v6 mk2- is it practical for the mk1? i saw on imoc that you had spoken.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    grand idea for the exhaust mate,i like it a lot.....as for the v6 mk2,thats my mate phils...the SC will fit our 3vz-fe's too but its got to be imported from USA...he says its more powerful but you cant tell because its taken the ACIS system out of the loop (our version of T-vis) so theres no jolt of power just a smooth progression,so he cant tell its pulling harder.

Im going to leave my sc off until ive roadtested it as it is,i think after reading toysrme's posts we might be on the limit in a mk1,3vz-fe is supposed to have wicked low revs torque.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

^^^^^^:bounce:

Don\'t look back!

JB 3.0 litre V6 swap complete Undergoing taxiing trials

well i havent got that much to do at the moment as i dont want to go ahead and do the head gasket if we are getting some copper so i started on the exhaust. if you want to know why the exhaust is so restrictive .... look at these pics

no wonder they say that altering the y piece under the engine makes a difference:?

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    thats dreadful isnt it mate!! holy crap its lucky to run at all!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123